DM100 Distortion Modeler review by Behringer

Behringer: DM100 Distortion Modeler

Purchased from: Magdon Music

I using it with a Strat and a 15w amp and the DS1 and the RAT modes I love. The RAT mode I turn down the distortion and get a great blues sound that I use for solos, and the DS1 with higher distortion for rhythm.

I play anything from classic rock like AC\DC to new rock like Taking Back Sunday. It sounds great for the AC\DC and sounds even better for the TBS. I been playing for a year and have seem to caught on quick. I wish I asked if I could use other power sources besides batteries and the Behringer Powercord 'cause it seems like I cant find a plug for it without ordering the Behringer one. If I lost this pedal I would definatly buy it again. It is only 20 dollars and is very good.

It is made from plastic that seems to be quite cheap feeling, so far it has been good to me and I use it when jamming with friends. I wouldn't rely on it for a gig I would have a backup but the backup probably would be another one of these pedals.

Compared to other distortion pedals I've seen this one seems to be the easiest to use. I have used other distortion pedals such as Boss and DigiTech effects and I like this better then them two and it is quite a bit cheaper. The battery changing is not difficult but a pain. Theres three distortion modes (DS1, D+, RAT), a distortion knob, a tone knob, and a level knob.

OttovanZanten
    Donkey Fly wrote: yeh he said 40 dollars...they are 20 GBP..... I agree Behringer pedals for their prices are extremely good....good buys
    20 GBP is still too much, 20 euro's is normal/high actually =P question: will this produce the same sound as the GM108 amp?
    Scarlatti
    I have it for 20 euro's and i'm quite happy with it Its a great pedal for beginners, or just for practicing.