DM100 Distortion Modeler review by Behringer

Behringer: DM100 Distortion Modeler

Purchased from: Amazon.com

I put my Squier Strat through the pedal then into a small Stagg amp. when I got the pedal I expected a 20 sound but I got a much better sound than that. I got a lot of noise from it although the DS1 setting seemed to feed back a lot. in all the effects that come out are always great and with a bit of fiddling around with different settings it's easy to get the sound you want.

I play Indie rock and my bands sound is that of using lots of effects and I think that this pedal is worthy for a Flash and the Space Munkys pedal board. the thing about this pedal that is great is the range of effects that come out and although there are better pedals at higher prices, this is great for the money that I payed.

You can depend on this pedal although for the price I think I would think twice before playing on stage without a back up. you can depend on the pedal and it will never give you a bad sound but I would never be sure about the reliability of the pedal as the price was too good to be true.

This pedal is remarkably easy to use, the sound that you want is easy to get. the mode control is great as it alows you to chose different kinds of distortion which I found useful as it allows the retro style D+ sound to the fat gritty sound of the rat. the manual that comes with it has some quick start instructions (which are easy to use if you want to dive straight in) and it also comes with some more in depth instructions on other things ( like saftey etc.)

Indiemad
    and also dont buy it, after a few weeks after the review it all went tits up. it lasted 4 weeks... (Crap)
    MaggaraMarine
    It's not true bypass . I bought this box from my friend with 10 . Maybe it was a bit broken but if I lowered the gain the distortion just disappeared. I sold it because I didn't need it (and one of my friends wanted to buy it).