DM100 Distortion Modeler review by Behringer

Behringer: DM100 Distortion Modeler

Purchased from: Amazon

My setup was a Jackson JS32RT Dinky in Tobacco Sunburst, and an Ibanez RG370DX in White. My amp was a Roland Cube 30X, and is now a Blackstar HT-1. As I said before, I only really use the DS1 setting as for me, it gives the best distortion. If you're into just heavy metal, this is not the pedal for you. But if you are looking to use a heavy pedal, and then be able to Switch to a lower distortion at the flick of a pedal, this is a good pedal to start off with. I get my distortion though a DigiTech Death Metal Distortion Pedal, and when I need to cut the distortion, I stick this pedal on. If you just need a simple distortion pedal, then this is most certainly the pedal for you. It sounds very very good, but obviously with everything, there is something better. But I personally will always go and get one of these. The DS1 setting has a very good distortion with the DIST knob at max and the TONE knob set at 2 o'clock. I personally found that the D+ and RAT sounded pretty much the same, but to others they'd sound different. The pedal wasn't noisy when I wasn't playing, and the same when I was playing. I take a lot of inspiration from Guitarists such as Synyster Gates, Mick Thompson and Zakk Wylde, and this pedal won't get the sounds from them 100%, but it does sound very close!

My overall impression of this pedal, is that it is a very very very good pedal as a distortion pedal for beginners, and a crucial part of the pedal chain to add a depth to the range of distortion for more experienced players. If this broke, I would go and buy another one because I am in love with this. I love that it's a mean distortion pedal, but hidden in a pink casing. Just because it's made by Behringer, don't be afraid to add it to your pedal chain.

I can depend on this pedal a lot! I've had it for about a year and a half, and it looks like it's just come out of the box. It's had it's fair share of attacks, and has stood up to them well. It's made from plastic, but don't let that put you off. Unless you're intending to jump around on stage like a monkey, this pedal is safe to use onstage. I would gig without a backup too!

I brought this pedal as my first ever pedal purchase. When I first got it, I didn't understand how to use it, but after reading the manual and googling a few questions, I found it incredibly easy to use. It's got 3 Modes (DS1, D+, RAT), a Distortion knob (Min-Max), a Tone knob (Low-High) And a Level knob (Min-Max). I only really use the DS1 setting, and vary the knobs. The manual is basic (1 small piece of paper) But it explains each setting with a very clear diagram.