DR100 Digital Reverb review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 3.5 Poor
Behringer: DR100 Digital Reverb

Price paid: A$ 65

Purchased from: High Street Music Penrith

This pedal is used through a Marshall valstate 40W and a Fender Front man 15 R with a 70s RI stratocaster with Vintage tone rider pickups, a Cole Clark Culprit I, a custom made strat by a local luither and an Ibanez Roadstar II with Original pickups. This pedal can be noisy and sounds terrible if the level is turned up too high. The room, modulate, gate, and hall all sound great and I would reccomend this pedal on these alone but the spring and plate sound bad, not good at all. It all sounds good no matter what tone or time selected its just the level brings this pedal to its knees. But in the end is sounds too digital and modulated.

This pedal is only good if you want a little bit extra reverb and suits any style of music requiring a little reverb. I play Blues, Rock, Jazz, country, and this pedal meets the needs of what I use it for. If there was anything I wish I had asked before buying this pedal it would be what is your return policy. If it was stolen I know god would have answered my prayers if I lost it still same as above. And there is absolutely no way I would buy it again. There is nothing I love and the thing I hat is that bright blue light!. And there is no comparison because I have never seen a reverb pedal this cheap. If it could have anything it would be a self destuct button so I didn't have to walk to the bin.

I cannot depend on this pedal because it eats batteries like they are nothing, it consumes them even when switched off, and if I were to use this for a gig I would need to plug it into an external power source. I recommend if you do choose to buy one of these pedals to be prepared to remove you battery after use, and replace it before use. This pedal is pretty solid but I am only planning to use it for practice and recording only.

This pedal is easy to use however if you turn the level up to high you cannot hear the sound of the guitar. They also chose an extremely bright light to indicate power. This light is bright blue and makes it nearly impossible to see each individual knob of the pedal. Also the manual is quite poor and does not go into any detail of its function at all.

SteveDallman
    This is an excellent reverb. I have piles of rack mount, excellent reverbs and this is the one I like the best. It replaced an expensive Alesis reverb in the effects loop of my Mesa Dual Rectifier. It sounds great in front of my amps without loops. The controls are simple, and effective. I even use it often on the PA. People badmouth Behringer. This is a cheap knockoff of the Boss, but there is nothing not to like with this pedal.