DR100 Digital Reverb Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 11/11/2010 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: DR100 Digital Reverb
Here's another digital reverb effects pedal comparable to state-of-the-art studio processors. A 24-bit/40 kHz, ultra high-resolution collection of stereo reverbs includes Spring, Plate, Hall, Room, Gate and Modulate - all in stereo - while dedicated Level, Tone and Time controls are provided for effortless sound shaping.
 Reliability & Durability: 6.7
 5,471
reviews (3) 3 comments vote for this gear:
DR100 Digital Reverb Reviewed by: hhr, on july 27, 2007

Purchased from: eBay

Ease of Use: This is probably my favorite Behringer pedal that I own. There are four control knobs on the pedal: level, tone, time, and mode. The level knob adjusts the output level. The tone knob shapes the overall sound. The time knob controls the reverb time intervals. The mode knob lets you choose between the different reverb modes: spring, hall, gate, room, and modulate. All of these features are explained in the included manual. // 10

Sound: I play my strat and les paul through this pedal, and a few others, through a Crate practice amp. It is very easy to get a good sound out of this pedal too, and with all the tone options you can dial in most reverb sounds. This pedal has a very good reverb sound, especially on the spring and plate modes. To be quite honest, this pedal has better reverb than some of the amps I've played on. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Like all of the other Behringer pedals I own, I haven't had any problems with this one. It's made of plastic but the construction of this pedal is very sturdy. I bought this pedal because of it's low price, and I wasn't expecting much in the quality department from it. But it is a very nice addition and the money was well spent. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal music, and have been for a couple years. I've played bass for about 8 years as well. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably buy another one. For the price, you cannot go wrong with these pedals. I'm a guitarist on a budget, so this pedal is perfect for me. // 10

DR100 Digital Reverb Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on december 12, 2008

Purchased from: zZsounds

Ease of Use: The DR100 from Behringer is a 24 Bit/40 kHz digital reverb pedal. It came with a detailed manual explaining each of the modes featured on the unit. It is really easy to get a good sound out of it; decide what mode of reverb you want, adjust the tone, adjust the time, adjust the level. It features two inputs and two outputs. // 10

Sound: I use this pedal with a few Ibanez models and my Peavey Windsor and it's not noisy in the least. The reverb effects are all distinct and customizable. This pedal really adds to your clean sound, especially if the amp you're playing on doesn't have built-in reverb. The sound is very digital (hence the name) so you will be able to tell the difference between this and an amp with a spring reverb built in. However, this pedal comes close to replicating those sounds. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have used this pedal many times Live without a backup and have had no problems with it what'soever. I used it more when my amp didn't have built-in reverb... but now that I have an amp that does I rarely use this pedal. I would say this pedal is durable. Like all Behringer pedals it is made from plastic. But under normal use I would say that it is durable and should last for years like mine has. // 9

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal music and own a few Ibanez guitars, Peavey Windsor, and Crate V18. This pedal really improved my clean sounds on past amps. If it were lost or stolen today, I probably wouldn't replace it because my V18 has excellent built-in reverb... in the past I would have definitely replaced it. Especially for the price, you can't really go wrong. // 10

DR100 Digital Reverb Reviewed by: AJH0014, on november 11, 2010

Price paid: A$ 65

Purchased from: High Street Music Penrith

Ease of Use: This pedal is easy to use however if you turn the level up to high you cannot hear the sound of the guitar. They also chose an extremely bright light to indicate power. This light is bright blue and makes it nearly impossible to see each individual knob of the pedal. Also the manual is quite poor and does not go into any detail of its function at all. // 3

Sound: This pedal is used through a Marshall valstate 40W and a Fender Front man 15 R with a 70s RI stratocaster with Vintage tone rider pickups, a Cole Clark Culprit I, a custom made strat by a local luither and an Ibanez Roadstar II with Original pickups. This pedal can be noisy and sounds terrible if the level is turned up too high. The room, modulate, gate, and hall all sound great and I would reccomend this pedal on these alone but the spring and plate sound bad, not good at all. It all sounds good no matter what tone or time selected its just the level brings this pedal to its knees. But in the end is sounds too digital and modulated. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I cannot depend on this pedal because it eats batteries like they are nothing, it consumes them even when switched off, and if I were to use this for a gig I would need to plug it into an external power source. I recommend if you do choose to buy one of these pedals to be prepared to remove you battery after use, and replace it before use. This pedal is pretty solid but I am only planning to use it for practice and recording only. // 1

Overall Impression: This pedal is only good if you want a little bit extra reverb and suits any style of music requiring a little reverb. I play Blues, Rock, Jazz, country, and this pedal meets the needs of what I use it for. If there was anything I wish I had asked before buying this pedal it would be what is your return policy. If it was stolen I know god would have answered my prayers if I lost it still same as above. And there is absolutely no way I would buy it again. There is nothing I love and the thing I hat is that bright blue light!. And there is no comparison because I have never seen a reverb pedal this cheap. If it could have anything it would be a self destuct button so I didn't have to walk to the bin. // 3

Comments