EM600 Echo Machine Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 10/26/2015 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: EM600 Echo Machine
The EM600 puts the entire history of delay at your feet: Ducking, 2 Multiple Delays, Ping/Pong, Reverse, 3 Tap Tempo delays, Slap Echo, Swirl and Sweep.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.5
 Ease of Use: 9
reviews (2) pictures (2) 6 comments vote for this gear:
EM600 Echo Machine Reviewed by: soccer6, on august 10, 2009

Purchased from: J&R New York

Ease of Use: It's a great delay pedal. I would recomend it to anyone who is looking for a sweet echo/delay pedal. The user manual is not very big, although it does cover everything you need to know. There are 5 different knobs: Mix(where you set the level of the delays), Repeat(where you set the number of the delays), Time(controls the delay time), Mode(where you can set different delay modes) and Mod(where you can control the levels of vibrato, chorus or wow and flutter according to the type chosen). You can also prevent delays from being cropped when bypassing the effect. It also has 2 inputs and 2 outputs so you can use it with 2 guitars hooked in 2 amplifiers! // 8

Sound: I use this work of art with my Peavey Raptor plus exp and my Peavey Backstage amp. It never let me down. The pedal never did have a noise issue (like if it is too loud or if the sound isnt coming out right) so it always sounded just like I wanted it to sound because of the delay level knob. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have this pedal for 1 year now and still looks like it was just bought from the store but there is a down side to this pedal of course, and it is its battery consuption. It consumes its 9V battery quickly so if you're going to a gig with this baby, don't forget to pack some extra 9V batteries. // 6

Overall Impression: I have been playing for almost 2 years now and I am using this pedal and the Behringer UM300 pedal for the distortion parts of the songs that I play. My favorite delay is the reverse signal delay that reverses every sound that the guitar makes to a symmetric echo. When I first bought the pedal I thought that it would have a wah-wah delay too but some effects on the pedal preety much sound similar. I would never trade this pedal for any other delay one, and that's the truth, ruth, uth, th. // 8

EM600 Echo Machine Reviewed by: jayanthc999, on october 26, 2015

Purchased from: Bajaao

Ease of Use: It's as easy as it gets... I don't think I ever looked at the manual (was there a manual?). Just twiddle around with the knobs and you'll figure it out in 5 mins. The only thing which wasn't obvious to me was setting the tap tempo. Just hold down the foot switch for 2 seconds. The blue LED starts blinking red. The foot switch is now a tap tempo switch. Tap Tap Tap away till you get it right. Hold the foot switch for 2 seconds again and the red light stops blinking. Now you can simply use it as a bypass switch again. // 10

Sound: It's a great sounding pedal. Has tonnes of effects to suit any style. Very little noise and high quality bypass. Accepts stereo inputs and gives stereo output. It has 7 controls in total!

1. Mix: For mixing dry and wet signals. Very analogue in nature, though somewhat sensitive about 12 o clock
  2. Repeat: Controls the number of repeats. It's just like a decay option
  3. Time: Controls the time between repeats. This time can also be set by tapping on the footswitch
  4. Delay Type1: 12 different options... this is simply amazing. You have everything from Slapback to ping pong
  5. Delay Type2: You can set it to tape, digital or analog emulator.
  6. Trails: Determines whether the delays stop abruptly or gradually trail off when you bypass this pedal. I always set it to on
  7. Modulation: This is the coolest bit. A modulation effect is applied based on the delay type2 selected. Tape echo is flanged, while digital and analog seem to be chorus.
All the effects are extremey usable, I don't think there is a style of music which this doesn't cover. My favourite, and I use it 90% of the time, is tape delay+ping pong. I've been a big fan of tape delays since I heard Syd Barret's stuff on "Piper at the Gates of Dawn." Just set a ping pong delay, tape style, with mix at 50% and flanger at 30% and there you go... back to the '60s. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm an amateur, cannot comment on live performances. You cannot compare the sturdiness to a Boss pedal. They can be used as murder weapons. They are pretty sturdy, as long as you don't dance on them. It lasted 2 years and still going good. The Tape/Digital/Analog selection switch became rather tight recently, so one point off for that, however great durability for its price. All the other buttons are perfectly mint. I often step on it heavily to get crazy tap tempo repeats, no damage happened. // 9

Overall Impression: Does it compare to a Binson Echorec... certainly not. I didn't own or try any high end delay pedals, but its certainly an amazing pedal in it's own way. Behringer brand name often gets negative reviews, but I think that is just because of the stereotype that expensive stuff is better. The soundscapes you can get out of this are simply staggering. At this price, you certainly cannot go wrong. It's also very transparent to the guitar's tone, it's stereo, it's green and it has a blinking LED which can light up your bedroom... Just go for it. // 10

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ OD300 Distortion/Overdrive 8.4 Guitar Effects 09/22/2015