EQ700 Graphic Equalizer review by Behringer

Behringer: EQ700 Graphic Equalizer

Purchased from: Cranbourne City Music

I run a Fender strat into a crybaby from hell, DigiTech Whammy, metal muff, Boss sd-1 and DigiTech delay. I put this after the metal muff. I bought this eq so I could use it as a clean boost, or to boost the mids and cut the highs and lows a bit for mellow solos. It does these two things great. I know people bash Behringers because they add too much noise, and I have to say that the only downfall of this stompbox is precisely that. It adds a lot of hum, but nothing a noise gate wouldn't fix.

I play lots of metal and hard rock, and I wanted this pedal mainly for solos. I was initially going to get the Danelectro Fish and Chips, but the guy in the store said that they supplying a few years ago (well hear in Australia at least), so I got the Behringer one instead. The sound quality is as good as the Boss EQ, except for the hum. Overall, this pedal is an excellent buy for its price.

I haven't gigged with it yet, but I wouldn't have a backup for it. I don't jump on my pedals with all my weight, nor throw them against concrete walls, so I don't see this one breaking too easily. However, it's in a plastic casing, so I can't be too sure if it would survive under other users.

7 EQ Sliders, just push them up or down depending on the sound you want. The manual doesn't really explain much but eqs are self-explanatory anyway. There isn't much difference to it than any other Boss Pedal except for the power supply on the side.