EQ700 Graphic Equalizer review by Behringer

Behringer: EQ700 Graphic Equalizer

This pedal woks very well with keyboards, electrics (Jacko JS1 Dinky), acoustics (Cheapand basses though it isn't designed for basses. I put every instrument through a Vox Wah, then the EQ700 and then a Wasabi Distortion pedal into a Laney RB1 Bass amp. It can get a bit noisy/hissy when you boost the frequencies above about 5. The boost and cut are very powerful in this pedal and unless you try to make it sound bad the effect sounds great even though it is Behringer - nothing against Behringer of course, it's just that I see them as a cheap alternative to Boss, this pedal, like many other Behringers, is pretty much the same as one of the Boss Pedals except for colour and Boss is made of metal and Behringer is made of pleastic.

This pedal is great and I wouldn't expect too much more from the Boss Equaliser and it has a great price to it. I play most types rock and punk music and sometimes metal and this is a great match. Although some of those Vintage treble tones are hard but I put the Vox Wah on in the toe down position to settle that. I have been playing guitar for about 5 years and started keyboard and bass in that time. I've been playng round with pedals for about a year now. If this was stolen or I lost it I would probably get the Boss Graphic Equaliser or maybe the MXR 10 Band Equaliser. The only thing I could think of to add to this would be a Switch which changed the amount of boost and/or cut available, perhaps placed on the back of the unit, underneath, or in the battery compartment.

I haven't had a problem with this pedal for the 4 months that I have had it. I used a battery for almost 2 months and used it for about 10 hours a week in that time and I didn't need to repalce the battery. Now I use an Ashton Power Supply with a daisy chain. I haven't had an problems with power or the signal or anything, but it is made of plastic (fairly sturdy though) but metal would be preferable.

I really had no idea about tone shaping when I got this pedal. That was partly why I got it, to get some practice working out some tones. For someone like me Who didn't know much about it, it wasn't hard at all to work it out. 7 adjustable frequencies from 100 Hz to 6.4 KHz all with a cut and boost of 15. There is also a master volume cutand boost of 15, which helps to lower distortion if you want a really clean sound. Yu can get all different tones out of it and it sounds great even when run through a few other pedals. It came with a brief description of features but that wasn't really necessary because there's isn't much to know.