EQ700 Graphic Equalizer review by Behringer

Behringer: EQ700 Graphic Equalizer

Purchased from: zZounds

I use a few Ibanez guitars (RG3EX1, SZ320, ART100) and a Peavey Windsor most of the time. The pedal operates very quietly. You can get just about any sound that you want from the 7-bands that this model offers. 15dB of boost/cut from 100Hz to 6.4kHz. Using this pedal with a distortion pedal can give extra feedback, but nothing a noise gate won't cure.

I play mainly rock and metal and this pedal will let you sculpt your sound to fit just about any genre. I've been playing for a few years now and I own a few guitars and amps. This was one of the first stompboxes I bought, and I still use it everyday and don't plan on replacing it. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely consider buying another one. For this price, you really can't go wrong.

I have depended on this pedal many times Live without a backup and I've owned it for a couple years now. However, this is the main drawback to Behringer products... they're made of plastic. The plastic is fairly durable and I've never had any problems with it being too flimsy... my pedals usually stay in my road-case pedalboard anyway so it's not really an issue for me.

This pedal is fairly simple to use. I use it as a treble boost for lead playing, I've also used it as a compressor buy just dialing the volume back. It came with a detailed manual but EQ pedals are fairly straight forward and easy to figure out. This model features 7-bands of equilization and a volume slider.