EQ700 Graphic Equalizer review by Behringer

Behringer: EQ700 Graphic Equalizer

Purchased from: Ebay

I'm running a B.C. Rich NT Warlock and in Ibanez GRG150 through a Cool Cat Metal pedal, this, and a Peavey Vypyr (valve) half-stack, it sounds like whatever I want it to, seeing as the cat is pile of garbage and I can get a half-decent tone out of it. I run it off amins power and as far as I can tell I haven't been getting buzz out of it. One thing I like to do is put it before my dist and turn everything to -15, because as my normal setting is very hi-gain it takes it down and gives it a better rhythm tone, then disengage it to get a screaming lead.

Its a great pedal, nothing wrong with it, but nothing overly amazing either, but there's not supposed to be, it does what its meant to and I don't want any more than that, I play mostly metalcore, deathmetal, crabcore (shut up!) and other heavy jams, I compared it to an MXR 10-band EQ and thought that the difference in money was no-where near worth the difference in quality, I mean 80 more pounds for 3 more bands? No thanks!

I've used it gigging and its fine, the construction is solid (hard-wear plastic) I've used without a backup every time, because I think if you can't trust your own pedals, then they're not worth using! I wouldn't go as far as abusing it as much as a boss, but I wouldn't abuse a Boss very much either, I value my equipment quite a lot as I'm far from a rich kid, but that aside, I would still jump on it with both feet and rely on it the next day.

Simple effective EQ, 7-band with a separate control for gain boost, there's nothing much you need to know about this pedal, if you know how an EQ works, it goes (from left to right) 100hz, 200hz, 400hz, 800hz, 1.6khz, 3.2khz, 6.4khz, and then the gain boost, each control gives you a 15db boost/cut, incredibly simple and diverse, like its meant to be.

sfx
    I have one. It was unused for sometime and one day the foot switch didn't work. I tried and tried to find out what happened, failed for weeks. Opened up the tact switch, works fine, not the switch, so i cleaned it and oiled the tact switch anyway. Traced the circuit board path from the tact switch pin to the ground, ok. Traced it to the next resistor leg... AHA... no connection. Found it... along the path on the circuit board, that very thin copper trace, somewhere has corroded/broken. Found it underneath that damned epoxy/glue that's highly acidic they used to seal and hold the battery wires. It probably ate through the board's protective green layer and ate off the copper trace. So i removed the epoxy/glue to expose the broken trace, layed down a thin silver/copper wire and drip some solder on it. Then reseal with some hot glue. Connection works, now I can activate/deactivate the pedal again. Thank god it wasn't a damaged resistor, I have no way of fixing those without causing further damage. Moral of the story.... these thin copper traces on the board don't last if you have a corrosive epoxy/sealant above it. If you have a behringer pedal or any pedal, remove that gunk on the battery wires and replace with hot glue.