EQ700 Graphic Equalizer Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 07/12/2011 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: EQ700 Graphic Equalizer
Shape your sound effortlessly and eliminate feedback with 7 EQ bands. Tackle frequencies ranging from 100 Hz to 6.4 kHz with a powerful 15 dB boost/cut per band.
 Ease of Use: 9.8
 7.3
 9.3
 5.2
 11,609
reviews (5) 1 comment vote for this gear:
EQ700 Graphic Equalizer Reviewed by: hhr, on july 27, 2007

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: This pedal is very easy to use if you know anything about an equalizer. The manual explains the pedals features in better detail but here is a brief rundown. There are 8 sliders on this pedal; 7 frequency sliders and a level slider. The frequency ranges from 100 Hz to 6.4kHz. Basically, you can boost (up to 15dB) or cut (up to -15dB) each frequency by moving the slider up or down. The level slider allows you to control the overall output level of the pedal. Very simple use, and very good range/sound. // 10

Sound: I use this pedal with my strat and les paul, and it works great for both. The manual says that you can use it with almost any instrument; including bass and keyboard. I seen someone on youtube using one with some digital sound processor, kinda cool. Overall, another great sounding Behringer pedal for the budget guitarist. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This pedal, like most Behringer pedals, seems very durable. The chassis is made of ABS plastic, but don't let that fool you, it is very sturdy. I have had this pedal for quite some time and I have never had a problem with it. So, yes, I would use it on a gig without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal music, and this pedal is perfect for both. I'm sure it would be great for other genres as well. The sound/tone range is incredible. You can boost the lows..add a little distortion for a really metal sound. Or you can boost the highs..add a little reverb for a really clean rock sound. Either way, for the price, this was the right decision for me. // 10

EQ700 Graphic Equalizer Reviewed by: the_crimison, on november 05, 2007

Purchased from: Cranbourne City Music

Ease of Use: 7 EQ Sliders, just push them up or down depending on the sound you want. The manual doesn't really explain much but eqs are self-explanatory anyway. There isn't much difference to it than any other Boss Pedal except for the power supply on the side. // 10

Sound: I run a Fender strat into a crybaby from hell, DigiTech Whammy, metal muff, Boss sd-1 and DigiTech delay. I put this after the metal muff. I bought this eq so I could use it as a clean boost, or to boost the mids and cut the highs and lows a bit for mellow solos. It does these two things great. I know people bash Behringers because they add too much noise, and I have to say that the only downfall of this stompbox is precisely that. It adds a lot of hum, but nothing a noise gate wouldn't fix. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't gigged with it yet, but I wouldn't have a backup for it. I don't jump on my pedals with all my weight, nor throw them against concrete walls, so I don't see this one breaking too easily. However, it's in a plastic casing, so I can't be too sure if it would survive under other users. // 8

Overall Impression: I play lots of metal and hard rock, and I wanted this pedal mainly for solos. I was initially going to get the Danelectro Fish and Chips, but the guy in the store said that they supplying a few years ago (well hear in Australia at least), so I got the Behringer one instead. The sound quality is as good as the Boss EQ, except for the hum. Overall, this pedal is an excellent buy for its price. // 9

EQ700 Graphic Equalizer Reviewed by: Anson93, on october 14, 2008

Ease of Use: I really had no idea about tone shaping when I got this pedal. That was partly why I got it, to get some practice working out some tones. For someone like me Who didn't know much about it, it wasn't hard at all to work it out. 7 adjustable frequencies from 100 Hz to 6.4 KHz all with a cut and boost of 15. There is also a master volume cutand boost of 15, which helps to lower distortion if you want a really clean sound. Yu can get all different tones out of it and it sounds great even when run through a few other pedals. It came with a brief description of features but that wasn't really necessary because there's isn't much to know. // 10

Sound: This pedal woks very well with keyboards, electrics (Jacko JS1 Dinky), acoustics (Cheapand basses though it isn't designed for basses. I put every instrument through a Vox Wah, then the EQ700 and then a Wasabi Distortion pedal into a Laney RB1 Bass amp. It can get a bit noisy/hissy when you boost the frequencies above about 5. The boost and cut are very powerful in this pedal and unless you try to make it sound bad the effect sounds great even though it is Behringer - nothing against Behringer of course, it's just that I see them as a cheap alternative to Boss, this pedal, like many other Behringers, is pretty much the same as one of the Boss Pedals except for colour and Boss is made of metal and Behringer is made of pleastic. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had a problem with this pedal for the 4 months that I have had it. I used a battery for almost 2 months and used it for about 10 hours a week in that time and I didn't need to repalce the battery. Now I use an Ashton Power Supply with a daisy chain. I haven't had an problems with power or the signal or anything, but it is made of plastic (fairly sturdy though) but metal would be preferable. // 8

Overall Impression: This pedal is great and I wouldn't expect too much more from the Boss Equaliser and it has a great price to it. I play most types rock and punk music and sometimes metal and this is a great match. Although some of those Vintage treble tones are hard but I put the Vox Wah on in the toe down position to settle that. I have been playing guitar for about 5 years and started keyboard and bass in that time. I've been playng round with pedals for about a year now. If this was stolen or I lost it I would probably get the Boss Graphic Equaliser or maybe the MXR 10 Band Equaliser. The only thing I could think of to add to this would be a Switch which changed the amount of boost and/or cut available, perhaps placed on the back of the unit, underneath, or in the battery compartment. // 8

EQ700 Graphic Equalizer Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on december 09, 2008

Purchased from: zZounds

Ease of Use: This pedal is fairly simple to use. I use it as a treble boost for lead playing, I've also used it as a compressor buy just dialing the volume back. It came with a detailed manual but EQ pedals are fairly straight forward and easy to figure out. This model features 7-bands of equilization and a volume slider. // 10

Sound: I use a few Ibanez guitars (RG3EX1, SZ320, ART100) and a Peavey Windsor most of the time. The pedal operates very quietly. You can get just about any sound that you want from the 7-bands that this model offers. 15dB of boost/cut from 100Hz to 6.4kHz. Using this pedal with a distortion pedal can give extra feedback, but nothing a noise gate won't cure. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have depended on this pedal many times Live without a backup and I've owned it for a couple years now. However, this is the main drawback to Behringer products... they're made of plastic. The plastic is fairly durable and I've never had any problems with it being too flimsy... my pedals usually stay in my road-case pedalboard anyway so it's not really an issue for me. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mainly rock and metal and this pedal will let you sculpt your sound to fit just about any genre. I've been playing for a few years now and I own a few guitars and amps. This was one of the first stompboxes I bought, and I still use it everyday and don't plan on replacing it. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely consider buying another one. For this price, you really can't go wrong. // 10

EQ700 Graphic Equalizer Reviewed by: Vampire_Prince, on july 12, 2011

Purchased from: Ebay

Ease of Use: Simple effective EQ, 7-band with a separate control for gain boost, there's nothing much you need to know about this pedal, if you know how an EQ works, it goes (from left to right) 100hz, 200hz, 400hz, 800hz, 1.6khz, 3.2khz, 6.4khz, and then the gain boost, each control gives you a 15db boost/cut, incredibly simple and diverse, like its meant to be. // 9

Sound: I'm running a B.C. Rich NT Warlock and in Ibanez GRG150 through a Cool Cat Metal pedal, this, and a Peavey Vypyr (valve) half-stack, it sounds like whatever I want it to, seeing as the cat is pile of garbage and I can get a half-decent tone out of it. I run it off amins power and as far as I can tell I haven't been getting buzz out of it. One thing I like to do is put it before my dist and turn everything to -15, because as my normal setting is very hi-gain it takes it down and gives it a better rhythm tone, then disengage it to get a screaming lead. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've used it gigging and its fine, the construction is solid (hard-wear plastic) I've used without a backup every time, because I think if you can't trust your own pedals, then they're not worth using! I wouldn't go as far as abusing it as much as a boss, but I wouldn't abuse a Boss very much either, I value my equipment quite a lot as I'm far from a rich kid, but that aside, I would still jump on it with both feet and rely on it the next day. // 10

Overall Impression: Its a great pedal, nothing wrong with it, but nothing overly amazing either, but there's not supposed to be, it does what its meant to and I don't want any more than that, I play mostly metalcore, deathmetal, crabcore (shut up!) and other heavy jams, I compared it to an MXR 10-band EQ and thought that the difference in money was no-where near worth the difference in quality, I mean 80 more pounds for 3 more bands? No thanks! // 10

Comments