FD300 Ultra Feedback/Distortion review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Behringer: FD300 Ultra Feedback/Distortion

Purchased from: ZZsounds.com

I use a multiple amount of guitars with this pedal, and it's a very fun pedal to play with. You can get a real metal sound out of this pedal, and I don't think you'll be using it for any other genre regularly. The pedal let's you adjust the sound quite well and I was able to get a swell sound out of it. It does the duty of a distortion pedal, but the feedback is the feature of the pedal which is something really neat for those who'd like to end on a good note. Not sure where else you could use this feature for and it work.

I play a lot of metal and blues. I'd only use this pedal for metal, and switch to a tube Overdrive for blues. I've been playing for 8 years and I can say that this is a neat toy, but I don't think it exactly cuts the cake for a permanent distortion pedal. If I were to gear it up with a noise gate, an EQ pedal, and a compressor, I would use it as a main distortion pedal. But alone, there is just not enough for me to tweak for that perfect sound I want. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it sounds horrible or anything, I'm just saying it's built around the feedback feature and not necessarilly the distortion. Which is okay. I do love this pedal and will probably use it as my distortion pedal for a really long time until I find something better. The only thing I hate about this is that the feedback feature isn't something you are going to use a lot. I wish it had a speed to determine how fast the note will turn to it's overtone, that would allow me to use it in more places. But I only see this for ending a song on a sustained, epic note.

I can depend on this pedal, even though it is plastic. As long as you don't go jumping up and down on it like a monkey, you should be good. Treat your equipment with respect and it will last longer. I would gig without a backup as long as I am able to plug it into an AC adapter. Batteries and this pedal are basically something you want to avoid. Too difficult to get them in the pedal, and they probably won't last too long.

This pedal shouldn't be based by the sound you can get out of it, but by what you can do with it. The pedal features a 4 knobs, Level, Tone, Distortion, and Overtone. It also has a special feature where you Pick a note and hold the pedal down. When this is done, the note is sustained the overtone is brought out. (The reason why it's also called an ultra feedback/distortion pedal) The manual that came with it was in all Chinese, I just threw it away.

rv_phoenix
    Sometimes I think the first step one should learn when getting into the guitar world is to avoid any Behringer product. If he (or she) doesn't do so, only by chance - i.e. by accidentally playing on real stuff - could he (or she) recover.