FD300 Ultra Feedback/Distortion review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 1.3 Junky
Behringer: FD300 Ultra Feedback/Distortion

Price paid: € 19.5

Purchased from: www.Thomann.de

I use a valve amp, a guitar with active pickups, a long chain of effects pedals including a few noisy pedals, but nothing like this. This thing is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the hum and buzz this thing creates is as loud as the output level of the guitar to the amp. The distortion effect creates a kind of crunch which almost sounds like it could be tight and driven properly but the hum and buzz still cuts through. The feedbacker effect on this is a lot like the Electro-Harmonix Freeze sound retainer, but it's miles more basic and instead of just tapping the freeze retainer, you have to hold the footswitch on this down. This thing interacts terribly with my other pedals. No points here for anything, this gets a one for trying, but then it's taken away for existing and has the cheek to say it's on par with other effects companies. I just noticed that I have to give it a point, which is annoying, as I would have given it a 0.

I play metal, this thing doesn't suit it. I play rock/heavy rock, and this pedal doesn't suit it. I play electronic music, this pedal does suit it if you want something that sounds like the end of Nine Inch Nails - "Hurt". There is something I wish came with this pedal, a Boss DF-2. The DF-2 is the pedal this was modelled after and does everything properly, doesn't have a shell made out of plastic and doesn't sound like a B-52's engine in front of your face. Don't waste 20 to get this, buy 2 sets of strings or a guitar capo, or better yet, a CD. It'll make your guitar sound better if you do.

Nope, can't rely on this. Can't trust it to work for more than 2 minutes. To use the feedbacker, you have to press down on the footswitch and hold your foot on it. Everytime I tried to do this I felt like I was gonna put my foot through to the pedalboard. It took about a months use for it to crack and the footswitch came straight of and I took the pedal and put it straight in the bin. I only used this thing as a songwriting tool, in an attempt to broaden my writing abilities and the only thing it's done for me is made me want a Sustainiac pickup more.

I love how in this section I'm asked if I can get a good sound out of this pedal, this thing is terrible, it's a terrible pedal, there are no patches, the manual is clear and concise, but that doesn't make up for this pedal at all. In this section, I'll give it a 2 for the manual, because at least that can be used. That in my opinion is full marks for a manual as usually this helps to get a good sound out of a pedal.

Smart Patrol
    After having disappointment with Behringer Ultra Flanger and the opportunity of comparing Behringer Ultra Distortion with Boss Turbo Distortion, I got skeptical about the quality of those plastic cheapos. I have to agree with rv_phoenix an avoid them, even if Im like a bedroom player.
    jazzman57
    this pedal is good, I use a zoom ms-50g (compressor) and got great sounds, using effects chains lowers the sound quality