FX100 Digital Multi-FX review by Behringer

Behringer: FX100 Digital Multi-FX

Purchased from: Lanham Music

I use this with a Fender CD-160E/12 acoustic-electric guitar. My signal goes from the guitar into a Digital Delay and then into this pedal. When practicing at home, the signal goes to a Dean M-16 practice amp. When gigging, it goes into either a Peavey Escort 2000 SRS (if I provide my own), or into the house system. I have not noted noise but I use short, heavy guage patch cables. While the FX are not as good as from dedicated stomp boxes of those types, they work for me. Since I write a lot of my own material, I'm not concerned with trying to sound like a certain artist as much as I'm concerned with whether or not a given effect works for the song.

I call my style "Psychedelic Country Gospel" and find this unit very well suited to my needs. I have been playing for over 12 years. See above remarks for other gear owned. While I like this unit as being great for the price, if it was lost or stolen, I probably would not purchase another. The procedure for changing batteries is an invitation for problems with the unit down the road. Next time. I'll probably come up with the extra $$ for some DigiTech or Boss pedals.

If I was into an aggressive style of playing or performing, durability would be an issue. But this unit is responsive so a light tap on the footswitch is sufficient to take the signal in or out. Several years ago I used an Arion Chorus that lasted me for over five years and was still functional when I purchased a DOD Multi-FX unit. That Arion box was less substantial than the construction of this. The battery location and installation procedure are an invitation to breakage however.

Very easy to use, only four knobs: level, parameter 1, parameter 2, and FX. No patches to edit, just knobs to adjest. FX changes the settings between Pitch Shifter, Tremolo, Delay, Phaser, Chorus, and Flanger. No manual, just a small instruction sheet. The drawback here is that to change type of effect from say, phaser to flanger, you have to adjust the knob to that FX type.

JD Blue Venom
    this thing is a pile of shit lol but its got a nifty tremolo and detuner on it for a good price, saves me paying out loads for pitch shifters just to go down to C and B easily