FX600 Digital Multi-FX review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Behringer: FX600 Digital Multi-FX

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I'm using it conjunction with a Behringer Super Metal pedal and a 30w Ibanez amp on clean channel. The effects are very weak. I was attempting to get some Tom Morello sounds from this pedal and it let me down in a big way. The only effect that works really well is the Phaser, but quite honestly I have no practical use for it. I needed just the Flanger, Delay and Tremolo portions.

I play punk rock, but I'm trying to get an original sound, which is the reason I needed a Multi Effects pedal. I wish that it was a better product because I like very little pedals for my rig. And since it was 6 effects in one, I had to try it. The way I look at it, it was twenty nine bucks wasted. But hey, you get what you pay for. I've got 2 other Behringer effects pedals and they work just wonderful. it's just that this one is horrible, and I will not buy another Behringer pedal again.

Its No Doubt a durable pedal. Solid just like Boss but for much less the price. I'm sure that it can take a real beating as my other Behringer pedals and keep working just fine. It may be I just got a bad pedal, but I'm not willing to buy another one. As for gigs, I wouldn't even use it for a backup. I'll just buy Boss or Dan Electro's from now on.

First it's really hard to get a sound out of this pedal. The Flanger setting just sounds like a garbled mess, the Chorus setting gets the same sound. The Tremolo and Delay settings sound the same. The manuals really don't help any as it just tells you what each knob does. Duh, I already know what they do.

NiCk_FuRy
    sbinlb
    behringer is a terrible sound quality but there products are durable
    Mind_Reader7
    NiCk_FuRy wrote: behringer is just bad.., and I'm sorry for what I'm about to say: people who buy anything from behringer cannot be very smart..
    Not true. I only a Behringer guitar and pedal (not this pedal) I love both of them.
    mattb91
    behringer makes some great pedals. it all depends what u r looking for
    ackooks55
    behringer is great but cmon who is stupid enough to buy a 30 dollar pedal that brings six effects in it. your paying 5 bucks a pedal and for that price im not surprised
    bossboy
    fuk some ppl are ignorant i just bought this pedal for my mates bday today n i tested it out wiv him. sure the effects are shit an week but for beginers you wouldnt go out n buy a expensive multi effect unit n sure it probly wont last n by the time it dies they will be experienced enough to pay big money on good pedals that they need
    SLCONKL
    THIS PEDAL IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, I JUST RECENTLY ADDED IT TO MY PEDALBOARD
    SLCONKL
    IT IS ALL ACCORDING ON HOW YOU USE THIS PEDAL. IT SOUNDS GREAT FOR MY SETUP. THE EFFECTS ONLY DO THEIR JOB CORRECTLY IF RAN IN A SIGNAL CHAIN WITH AN EQUALIZER. BUT THEY DO SOUND GREAT ON MY MARSHALL
    ozboomer
    I've had the unit for about 2 hours and for me, it's pretty ordinary and just gives a 'flavour' of what the effects are supposed to be... but what did I expect for A$50? Flanger is Ok; Chorus has some nice sounds, better when used 'gently'; Phaser doesn't do too much; Delay is Ok, no good for slap-back, and delay time is not short enough for pseudo-reverb; Tremolo is adequate, doesn't really get deep enough, nothing special; Pitch Shifter seems to be an afterthought and is unusable.