FX600 Digital Multi-FX review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Behringer: FX600 Digital Multi-FX

Purchased from: Ebay

I mostly have used my Washburn PS80 when using this pedal. I honestly only use it when playing with a terrible amp, otherwise the amps effects themselves are usually better. The effects are deffinitely not near the quality you might hope for. Though at 30 dollars it isn't like you should be hoping for much. You won't be able to emulate the sound of many of your desired artists with something like this, it just doesn't have the power. The only effect it had that really stood out was the pitch shifter, it could make any 6 string sound like a 12 string.

I play much classical musical, rock, and metal. This can be good at certain times for these genres, but deffinitely not a prime choice. I have been playing for a few years and have played with a few different pedals and this is by far the worst. This is not a product I would buy again. This isn't even a product I oftenly use. The only reason to get this would be if you are a begginer guitarist seeking to experiment with your first pedal, and still, only if you are quite low on funds. Being that this pedal is only 30 dollars it's a decent peice of equipment though.

You can most certainly not depend on this pedal. Though it has not happened to me, I have heard many reports of these just randomly going postal after only a few months. I would without a doubt make sure I had backup if I were to use this for a gig, though it would probably be the backup.

This pedal is cheap. That is it's biggest pro. It is pretty easy to figure out how to use it. Only a couple minutes of tinkering at most untill you know how to do what you want with it. The manual told me how to do the one and only thing that wasn't obvious(changing the batterie). I haven't tried any editing or modding on the device. It probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

levaris
    Bought this one because I needed a delay, the other effects were just a nice bonus. Two small problems I have with this pedal is first that it uses a LOT of power, I just a riddiculous amouts, so much that battery use is pointless. number two, this pedal needs time, you can get a good sound out of it but it might take you some time to find it. But if you have found what you want and writen it down, it's pretty easy to just swap effects back and forth.
    JordanFrew94
    This was my first ever pedal, it's really durable as stated but I don't agree with those saying the effects are bad. I've found a good use for all of them except the phazer (I don't use it at all). The delay is fantastic and the chorus sounds beautiful if you have the knobs set right it's just really hard to figure out the best settings for each effect. It's not amazing but for 25, it's a great pedal for a beginner to start exploring their sound. I do recognize that behringer don't make the best quality items but don't let the placebo effect take over (you see the name and think it's bad therefore in your head it ends up sounding bad).
    wwwnoobcom
    I have 2 behringers( i bought them cuz i wanted something very low on cost and there were no other low cost products other than behringer). The wah UW300 is very bad. This isn't the best you can buy and really isn't that good, but for 29euro thats less than 5 euro a pedal. The tremolo/flanger are nice. The phaser is ok but very weak. The delay and chours are messy and sound abit off. The pitch shifter makes your guitar sound like an organ, plugging a mic to it will make your voice really high or low pitch (depending on the settings). If someone says that this is shit, well the price is very low, so your not throwing your money away. Although there are some zoom multi-fx pedals for 60euro if you have more money to spend.