GDI21 V-Tone Guitar Driver review by Behringer

Behringer: GDI21 V-Tone Guitar Driver

Purchased from: Shop

This efffect is just copy of very famous and good simulatuon effect: SansAmp 21. You have 3 models of amps: calif (Mesa Boogie), brit (Marshall), and twed (Fender), then 3 modes: clean, hi gain, hot. Aslo is there a simulation of microphone front of the cabinet: off axis, center, classic. The knobs are: drive, trebble, bass, level. Volume is good, the best volume and drive is about half of knobs. It's very good in all combination, such good to rock/metal music.

I play rock/metal, and for me and guitarist which play something like this very good effect for super price! The clean sounds (twed simulation with clean mode) is maybe worst as gain sound, but this is only one bad thing on this effect. I played it with LP Classic with Alnico pickups, and with 40W all-tube amp (one channel, 5 graphic EQ, master tone, master volume) with 2U12 cabinet loaded with Celestion repro and it's such awesome combination. Perfect sound!

The guitarist can depend on it. In garage, in stage in gig, in studio. It have in, output and also XLR ballanced output to mix or PA with simulation of 412 cabinet. This is very good for studio's operation and recording to PC also. This simulation isn't same good as Behringer Ultra-G DI box, but is good. I had it from november from this year and it's really strong, the contruction is much better then olders effect pedals from Behringer.

It's very easy to get a good sound from this effect. Only thing zou must to do it, is turn the knobs to level, drive and 2 EQ knobs, and then select the amp simulation which you want. You can quickly use something about 27 combination just turn 4 modes selections knobs. Manual is not in purchase. You can revisted the model no. and revision no. and also product code.

SOAD_GOD
    yeah, a bit hard to understand, but you did very well in describing it, especially if you are Slovakian! i can't speak a word of it, yet you can speak English very well! i have heard nothing but good reviews for this pedal, and i'm going to buy it to replace my distortion pedal because the Zoom 505II isn't the best effects pedal in the world! would this pedal be good for high gain metal? does it sound modern or vintage or can it do both? thanks
    freshmenrj
    insofar i been using this. i love it, the sound, very compact and reliable =)
    SteveDallman
    Overdosed...You are simply wrong. This pedal is a Sansamp knockoff and it performs the same as the $200 Sansamp. It may be wrong for your particular application but this is an excellent pedal for stage or studio. It's in a recording studio where it really shines.
    ZigM
    One more thing, I also run the GDI21 through the clean channel of a Vox amp connected to a 4 x 12" quad box(Behringer Bugera). That combination really sounds great. The GDI21 is indeed a worthwhile rock pedal that actually delivers.
    JaMeZtEr
    does the GDI-21 work as a pre-amp? like i know its got XLR output and can balance the signal, but does it also boost a signal if you plug a guitar into it with no pre-amp?
    AthenasGhost
    It sounds like a good pedal. Hard to understand some of what you were trying to say but I think I got most of it. Thanks for the review.
    E V H 5150
    I found it troublesome reading this. The grammer, it sounds like English isn't your primary language. And if it's not, I hope I didn't offend you.
    Smart Patrol
    About the problems concerning the understanding of the Slovakians review, we foreigners/English students are more used to mispelling, since we sometimes make our own mistakes. About the GDI, I have a friend who owns it, so we are gonna play together and check it out.
    gerry...
    I love this pedal, but would suggest getting a 9v adapter. When the battery begins to run down it gets a little less sweet sounding. I've never tried a SanAmp, but for much less I can't see anything wrong with it. It even has a solid metal (aluminum?) base plate which gives it a nice vintage heaviness.
    Dejvo
    Sorry for my English, but is not my primary language (Im from Slovakia), but I try to be better...I hope all the importants things you will be understand.
    RayRhee
    I have one... and it provides a truckload of great amps in a single stomp for real.
    260bpm
    The distortions on this sound very harsh, be it into amp or into interface, I personally don't care for it, to fuzzy.
    ZigM
    I used to have a Marshall JMP-1 and the sound is almost identical. It has the same aggressive, scratchy sound with plenty of dynamics and push. The sound is very good. Minor criticism is that the unit has a lot of sustain. This is generally great BUT you can't turn it back. The sustain also causes some hissing. The speaker simulator is quite good but as I use this unit for DAW recording, I also use Aradaz Cabinet Simulator or Mercuriall Cab v3.0 (freeware/donateware). Both add that final touch of authenticity to the sound. Platinum Ear's G8 noise gate is great and kills that hiss and Martin Eastwood's Duet adds more depth and a stereo image to the sound.
    imperatormk
    Is it analog or digital? Will it break the sound for a moment when I turn it on. or switch it off till I'm playing? Cuz I need to turn distortion on in some parts of the song and then turn it off.
    Overdosed
    Do not buy this! I have one, it's a piece of crap! too muddy, the sound of the presets are horrific! If you want quality forget behringer...