HB01 Hellbabe review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Behringer: HB01 Hellbabe

Purchased from: shop

I'm currently using a BC Rich Kerry King wartribe through a Behringer GMX210 2x30W. The sound this pedal produces through any distortion or Overdrive is more of a sound boost which is good for empahasising notes but I must say wah is minimal, and clean isn't much better either, I can get a better wah sound through the built in auto wah on my amp. The sound is either on or off too, there's no transition even slowly rocking back and forth its on or off and it sounds awful sometimes.

I play mainly metal and some other kinds of rock I wouldn't reccomend this pedal to anyone who has more to spend. I was dissapointed with this pedal in terms of its supposed function but I have founbd a use for it in that it can be used as a booster/sustainer for key notes in solos or just riffs in general. If it were stolen I would replace it with something better like the new Dunlop Zakk Wylde wah.

The base plate feels like it could probably stop a bullet, thick chunky metal. The bosy is made out of a plastic/rubber and the extra knobs are flimsy, alright for home use but I wouldn't advise giggin' one.

Wah wah pedals aren't rocket science to use but it does take a bit of musical knowledge in order to figure out the hellbabes sound shaping and EQ boost.