HB01 Hellbabe review by Behringer

Behringer: HB01 Hellbabe

Price paid: $ 53.1924

Purchased from: Cranbourne Music

I use a SX Strat copy and Silvertone 10 watt amp with no other effects connected yet. I really like the sound of it and for the price I paid for it I think it's great. It can get a bit loud if the amp is turned up high but this could be because it's a small amp, with the boost on it gives a distorted wah. When I got it did make a creaking sound that didn't go through the amp but I found it was the pedal (up and down) mechanism making this noise wasn't really a worry. I play the intro to voodoo chile on this wah I think it sounds pretty good.

I play mostly blues and rock (SRV, Hendrix, Clapton etc) but I haven't been playing long (nearly a year). This is my first wah and I don't own any other effects pedals at the moment, If it was stolen I probably buy a Vox. I do love the price of this pedal and really makes you think why the other ones are so exspensive. there's not much to hate for this price but I would of liked a off switch instead of taking the lead out of the input hole all the time so the battery isn't drained. I chose this wah pedal simply because of its price; I do wish it came with a power pack instead of using batteries all the time.

The pedal as a whole seems pretty tough but I don't trust the range and boost knobs as they look pretty fragile, if I was to use this at a gig I think it would be safer to have a backup. Other than that I think it's going to last a long time they do say the wahs with pots start making scratchy noises after a while, this shouldn't do this as it has optical control.

It's a wah so you just push the pedal with your foot and it wahs. It has a range knob, boost Switch and 3 dials for boost, Q and fine settings, you will probably need to change these to work out the sound you want but I found that the dials didn't really do much to the sound. It has a timer adjustment on the bottom through a hole; you will need a flat head screwdriver to adjust this. The manual just explains what everything is and what they do and not much else.

Double_N
    i bought a hell babe, with in 2 months it broke at the joints, lucky for me i had a guarantee. so it was replaced....couple of months later exactly same thing happenend again, couldnt believe it. in the end i just took my money back. so gutted the sound i got was fantastic, but god damn they are so dodgy! its true when they say u get what u pay for.
    Danis1
    ^dude, theres a Hellbabe Wah for bass as well, so i guess that should sound good for bass
    gibofan01
    it sez on the box that its comatibal for guitar and bass didnt know there was a seperate one for bass though and its hell versitile ,goes off in entersandman solo!!
    rockin4eva
    Heeey ive got 50quid to spend and i got a marshall15 dfx, is this worth buyin an how much is it?
    eggy1991
    ndfcartman, if you read the manual it clearly states you must switch on all other effects first otherwise you wont get the effect, hence why you got the hssssh noise. take the time to read the manual, even if it is simple enough to use!