HB01 Hellbabe review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Behringer: HB01 Hellbabe

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

Strangley enough I've been picking up country music songs on my amp since I first got this pedal, I don't know it might have an antenna in it our something but that's weird. It has very sensative pickup, if you move your finger just barely you'll hear it which is awesome for long notes. When you turn down the guitar it has sort of a wind tunnel sound. I'm using my Ibanez RG3 guitar, Fender Jass Bass deluxe on this pedal. This pedal is more for bass than anything, it gives it a funk sound. You can get the Rage Against the Machines - Bulls on Parade kinda sound out of it.

I have a hard time trying to combine this with any of my songs, if you play metal you would find little use for this. Any other genre you could probably through it in no problem. I also own a DigiTech pedal which is a lot more fun but you can't really compaire the two. If I lost this pedal I probably would move on to greater things.

It hasn't failed me yet, then again I'm pretty careful with all my equipment. I only use it when I'm bored. I probably wouldn't use this at a gig just because it isn't really that much of a solo booster and I have difficulty finding or needing it for anything in my songs.

My first impression of this wasn't so good since I bought it at a pawn shop for $50 bucks with out price checking online to find it was a lot cheaper but I forgot about it later when I played with it. It does not have an on or off Switch but all you gotta do is unplug your guitar from the input and it's off. You can tweak the nobs all you want and it won't make much a difference the only one you should ever need to touch is the big grey one which basically gives it a sound for either bass or guitar, high for guitar, low for bass.