HB01 Hellbabe review by Behringer

Behringer: HB01 Hellbabe

Purchased from: amazon.co.uk

I am using it with a 2004 lefthanded Epiphone G-400 and a small 15 wat 'nevada' amp. I can be noisy if you turn the boost on, so I try not too, it is god for various tones, it can be used for a shaft style, funky wah, or, most prominantly, a Voodoo Child type sound, in this respect it sounds a lot like a Hendrix (my favourite) wah sound, or indeed an Eric Clapton (as on tales of brave ulysses or white room) sound. You can also make it sound like a voice, which is useful when playing some jeff beck. It is also very effective as a standard tonal filter so you can find your own personal 'brown sound', much like frank Zappa or Jimmy page. When you turn the frequency level down, but still use a guitar as opposed to a bass, you get a really menacing sound, very much like electric funeral by Black Sabbath.

This is a perfect match for my kind of music, which is mainy heavy, bluesy rock, it is also good for styles of music I don't really play (funk, soul, motown, fusion). If it was stolen I would definately buy it again as it was a bargain and very easy and 'fun' to use. I just wish there was more variety from it in terms of the sound it gives.

I certainly can depend on it, as it is made of durable rubber, with a metal base, and I have really quite violently stamped on it at times, and it has not broken (quite some feat (or even feet) considering I had my size 12 doctor Martin boots on at the time. I would use it without backup as it would not be constantly used at a gig so would be less likely to break.

It is easy to get a good sound, but the sounds aren't vary varied, but you get a definate 'wah' out of it. The manual is brief but obvious and easy to use, I just play it by ear and see what sounds good to me. It is very easy to use, but the controls can be a bit small and fiddly.

danielrobbyshor
    Dont buy any signature products they all suck
    don't listen to this guy, the mark tremonti wah is genius! its just perfect. yes dude, buy the Morley. i have one of these behringer wah pedals, and it broke within two days of me having it. useless. behringer stompboxes are pretty good value for money, but this thing is ****ing useless.
    JuicyFrets
    Broken pick, the Q control is pretty much how much Wah you want in the sound. If you want a real enter sandman wah turn it up high and if you want a mellow sweep keep it low.
    rhcp-legends
    If it was lost/stolen I would buy it again or buy Mark Tremonti's custom wah cause he's my hero
    Dont buy any signature products they all suck