HB01 Hellbabe review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Behringer: HB01 Hellbabe

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I'm using the Wah with a Epiphone Les Paul Special/DiMavery Strat/Harley Benton Flying V through a Vox DA-5 (5Watts) and a Crate GX-15R (15Watts) amp. The wah effect is pretty weak on a distorted channel and just increases the volume a little. But also on a clean channel the Wah just increases the volume and doesn't do a proper wah. I've tried changing the settings, but pretty much nothing happens. Basically the sound is very bad. You could maybe use it as a weak booster, but I wouldn't.

I play mostly metal and I don't think it fits any music style. I've got another Behringer Effects Pedal (Behringer OD-100 Overdrive/Distortion pedal which is actually very good for it's price (12.90 Euros). If I were you I wouldn't get it, because of the sound. I would just rely on the good ol' Dunlop Cry Baby.

I guess one can depend on that it won't break, but you definetely can't use it at a gig, because of the sound. Even at home it'll be a pain in the back, because you are never gonna get the sound you want. You'll probably even be happy if it gets stolen!

The manual of the Hellbabe Wah is pretty easy to use, but you probably won't need it if you are familiar with pedals. Setting up is as easy as with any other effects pedal. You can run it either with a 9V battery or with a standard 9V power supply. Getting to the battery is no problem at all.