HB01 Hellbabe review by Behringer

Behringer: HB01 Hellbabe

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

I've used this pedal with many different amp setups and have had 0 problems with it. The only time it's noisy is when it goes into bypass mode. Since there is no Switch, this is done automatically when you let off the pedal. The wah effect is very comparable to the Crybaby, and can be molded into similar patterns using the range feature. Sounds very good with distortion.

I play mainly rock and metal, but this pedal is a good match for any genre that requires a wah effect. I've been playing for a few years now and I've owned quite a few effects in the past, including some other Behringer products. If this were lost or stolen, I would consider buying another one, just depends on how cheap I can find one. Overall, for the price, I would definitely recommend this pedal.

I have used this many times Live with out a backup. The only thing I've notice about Behringer pedals, they destroy 9v batteries. I use a One Spot power supply so I no longer have to worry about this. Most Behringer pedals are made from plastic and this one is no exception. However, in their defense, their gear is very durable and unless you are going skydiving with it or your foot weighs more than 200 pounds I don't think you're going to break it.

The Behringer Hellbabe is a decent wah pedal for the money and it's fairly easy to get a good sound out of it. I bought the pedal from a pawn shop so I didn't get the manual or power supply. It has a range control, fine tuning and Q controls, as well as an adjustable boost feature with a Switch and LED located at the tail of the pedal.

DannyJigg
    I have one of these. Its not a true wah pedal, and needs some modification to become truly usable. While not a bad piece of kit, if you want a wah, consider buying something else.
    gingeskater
    im thinking of getting this, but i looked on youtube for the sound and it was shocking, is this because it was rubbishly recorded or because it's just the wah pedal?