NR100 Noise Reducer review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Behringer: NR100 Noise Reducer

Purchased from: some guy off of kijiji

I have a Epiphone Les Paul 100 with a 60w amp (unknown brand) and I usually use my DigiTech Metal Master and a few other pedals with this one. I had a little trouble with this pedal because the thresh, as soon as it hits half way, the sound of my other pedals started to change. Especially my metal master, the sound became bland and boring. However the mute works perfectly, it stops all sounds. Another bad thing with this pedal, is even with it on, I'm still getting alot of feedback if I have more than 1 distortion or OD pedal on at the same time.

I wish I would've been able to test this pedal before buying it because its really not that good of a pedal. Obviously for 10 dollars I can't complain, its a good pedal for someone who really doesn't have much money but when you get more money I would suggest looking into getting a better one. If this were lost or stolen I wouldn't care all that much, its really not all that special and I wouldn't go out and buy another one, I'd save my money to get a good one. Don't be to harsh on my review, its only my second one ever. Cheers!

Of course everyone knows about Behringer pedals. They are not the most reliable pedals out there. Made out of plastic and feel like a toy. Its fine to use at home or maybe if your jamming with some buddies but I would not suggest it if your playing a gig. And if you are, make sure you have an adapter and aren't using batteries because it goes through them quite fast. don't bother buying the official Behringer adapter, because you can get an adapter at a hardware store for alot cheaper. I spent 3 dollars on an adapter that works perfectly.

There is really not much to this pedal. There is a switch to change between reduction and mute. There are 2 knobs on it. Thresh and decay. You have a decent amount to play around with.

zealot14
    You want to further optimize the use of this pedal? Use the Send / Return loop like how you use your amp's effects loop. But you have to place the pedal at the start of your stompbox chain first. It's seems unconventional but it works: Guitar -> Noise Reducer In | Noise Reducer Send -> Comp+OD+Dist -> Noise Reducer Return | Noise Reducer Out -> Chorus+Delay+Reverb -> Amp This chain pattern works best not only on this pedal but also on Boss NS-2. All my pedals are Behringer. Let's not judge the brand. They never failed me yet. It's all about understanding settings and what works and what doesn't work. If you just plug it in and do nothing then of course it's as good as a doorstop, just like any other pedals in the market, whether boutique or cheapos like this.
    rv_phoenix
    Behringer's "noise reducer" is the only known noise reducer which actually produces massive hum, instead of diminishing it. Not to mention that, if you switch it past 1/10th, it alters your tone beyond recognition. Only someone completely deprived of any musical sense can play on this crap. Behringers should be banned, they are not only the worst musical devices ever produced, but also one of the major factor of degrading the general musical knowledge among non-pro players.
    drewhunter1981
    Horses for courses i suppose. I own quite a few behringer pedals an im really impressed with all of it. The noice reducer i have works just fine as well as the rwverb, ultra metal, eq and harmonizer.yeah theyre built from plastic but if you look after your gear thell last for years the plastic os that strong. If your the type of moron than runs from one end of the stage to the other to turn your pedals on or off and uses all your weight to do it yhen good luck. Your gear regardless of make will last no time at all! Ill also say that if you actually take your time in getting to know these pedals, sitting down to have a play and figuring out the settings properly youll get some good sounds out of them!!