OD100 Overdrive Distortion review by Behringer

Behringer: OD100 Overdrive Distortion

Purchased from: FeedMe Music, Corrimal

I am playing an ESP guitar with EMG active pickups into this pedal then to my Ashton all-tube amp. It is pretty quiet, though there is a little buzz when you put it on Overdrive. It is obviously modelled on the Boss Overdrive/Distortion, and in my opinion is almost identical to it in sound, which is very good for the price. I prefered the distortion to the Overdrive, the Overdrive is still very good though. You can get a very good range of sounds with this pedal, from light blues Overdrive to heavy metal distortion. It also can give a pretty good searing lead sound. It can get fairly heavy, maybe not enough for a Death Metal sort of thing though. An odd thing I noticed is that when it is in bypass it added alot of clarity and generally improved my clean tone, which was very nice.

I play rock, metal and blues and this pedal gives me a good sound for all of them. I have been playing for a bit over a year and I also own a Zoom 707 II multi-effects pedal, but I prefer the sounds I get from the Behringer to the Zoom. If it was stolen, I wouldnt hesitate to buy another as they are so cheap. I love that I can get such a variety of good sounds from this cheap box. The only thing I don't like is that you have to undo screws in the base to get to the battery compartment, but since I have a power supply it doesn't really matter. Overall, this a very good pedal, and not just good for the money either. The price is handy though.

The casing is plastic, but it seems pretty solid. It is heavier than it looks, it has a solid non-slip base. I would use it without a backup, as it seems pretty reliable.

Getting a good sound is fairly simple with this pedal. The manual is very straightforward, but it is a very simple pedal so there isn't much to explain.