OD100 Overdrive Distortion review by Behringer

Behringer: OD100 Overdrive Distortion

This pedal can be very noisy if you set it up right, if you don't then in can have the same effect as a damp sock. but if you set it up like I have (Mode - full distortion, drive - full, tone - clean, level - 5) then you should get yourself some good all around ditsortion. I use this pedal with a Stratocaster and a Stagg 20 GA R Amp and it gives it a great sound for what I play (which is heavy metal and rock nd roll).

I play rock and roll like AC/DC and Guns 'N Roses. Although I have bene playing for little more than a year, I still love this pedal, especially with my Stratocaster and Stagg amp, it gives it quite good sounds and you can honestkly go insane with this pedal, it makes the most novice of person sound like a pro!

It is quite reliable for what it is although it does have the tendancy to eat bateries, pllus they can be quite expense the 9V batterys it uses. I should think it would be good for a gig, 1 down point, the shell is plastic so you can't "stomp" on it as hard as you coukd a Boss pedal but it is quite good.

This "stompbox" is really good to get grungy heavy metal distorton from but if you are looking for distortion for songs like Nirvana'd Smells like Teen Spirit then, I would go for the Boss, although this pedal is easy to use, 1 turn of the knob and you have yourself Full Distortion, Full Overdrive or abit of both. The maunal was abit short, printed on 1 side of A4 paper contains 5 or 6 different languages.

pac_man21
    This is a cracking little pedal. I got mine from ebay and payed about 16. I would reckomend buying this if you want to start experimenting with some different sounds.
    eyehartgeetare
    thanks for the review i got one from e bay (still being delivered) and i wanted to know what i would expect and it sounds pretty awesome for a beginner pedal
    tedhellcaster
    i got this pedal for about $30. it has a decent distortion, and the overdrive is decent for me as well (i play blues and jazz, so i don't need a lot of OD). when i play metal, i'd prefer Digitech Metal Master. but the thing i hate in this pedal is the feedback. i'd turn the drive to half, but still the feedback resonates. well, its pretty good for beginners or people who look for affordable dist. pedals.
    mightyford
    just got one off ebay for 10 new which sounds like a great price considering donkey fly pay 45 something.
    Heavens_To_Hell
    Is the OD any good on it? I really don't want a heavy distortion, I already have another pedal to do that. I'm more looking for a gentle, Alkaline Trio/Lighter At The Drive-In style sound. If the OD isn't great on it then maybe this isn't the pedal for me