OD100 Overdrive Distortion review by Behringer

Behringer: OD100 Overdrive Distortion

Purchased from: http://www.Gear4music.com

I like to get a lot of distortion and this pedal works a treat, gives a sound reminiscent of 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' by Metallica I thought. I haven't really used the Overdrive a lot on the pedal, I always keep the Mode knob turned fully to the right to get the full distortion effect. So I can't really comment on the Overdrive, but the Distortion is great. Maybe not distorted enough for playing some metal, but it will work fine for most styles.

I play mostly hard rock and some early metal (AC/DC, Metallica, Led Zeppelin etc) and this pedal gives me the crunch I need without killing tone. If it were lost or stolen I would not hesitate about buying a new one because for the price it is great. I love that it is so easy to use and it is easy to change sounds mid-gig.

The casing is just made from plastic but it does look like it is quite well constructed, so it would take quite a lot of abuse before any damaged was caused I think. This pedal has been gigged with several times although I always make sure I always have a fresh battery in it just incase, I do not own a power supply but the pedal seems quite sparing with batteries. Perhaps it is just the batteries I am using but they do seem to last well.

I bought this pedal about a year and a half ago because of the price. The pedal itself is very easy to use, it has 4 knobs (level, tone, drive and mode). To get overdrive simply turn the mode knob towards the left, for Distortion turn to the right, or simply leave it in the middle for a rich combination of the two. Works just like a normal stompbox, connect it up and stomp it with your foot. One thing that is slightly fiddly is the battery compartment which lives underneath the stomp bit. There is an unusual method of getting into the battery compartment. As far as the manual goes, it explained all it needed to.

Waspfactor
    You do not have to remove the base to get to battery compartment!! How many times must it be said?read the manual!all behringer pedals have the bauery under the footswitch,all you need is a ball point pen and gentle wiggling!Hope I never see another post about this.
    giooo31
    hey, can anyone tell me how to put a 9v battery on a behringer overdrive/distortion?
    Waspfactor
    Press in the small black footswitch hinges with a ballpen,gently remove cover and hey presto!the battery compartment is there.fit battery and CAREFULLY reverse the process to refit pedal cover.
    hobo slayr
    i saw videos of people using it and it looks amazing for the price. whats diff since this is analog? worse than digital? and is there a digital one? and thers an od100 and od300 if u look on website. wuts difference?