OD300 Distortion/Overdrive Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 09/22/2015 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: OD300 Distortion/Overdrive
There are 4 functions on this effects pedal: Level, Tone, Drive, and Balance. This is probably the best investment I've ever made as it can be used with both guitar and bass.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.4
 8.8
review (1) pictures (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
OD300 Distortion/Overdrive Reviewed by: Unossofrus, on september 22, 2015

Purchased from: Used

Ease of Use: The manual is really helpful with the explanation of the functions, It has a full colour diagram with every part labelled and explained. It takes time to set the pedal up to the exact sound that you need but as long as you have equalisation controls on your amp or speaker system then that shouldn't be a problem. I even use the tone control alone on this pedal to help my bass sound like an upright, you don't have to use the overdrive/distortion. The one thing that I struggle with is changing the battery, it could have been made a lot easier. // 8

Sound: There are 4 functions on this effects pedal: Level, Tone, Drive, and Balance. The Level dictates how much the signal is amplified. I often keep this quite low so I can have the signal at the same volume without the switch. The Tone works in the same way as the tone function on a guitar or bass. The Drive dictates the amount of overdrive/distortion. The Balance Is used to select the Overdrive or Distortion functions, These can be isolated or balanced to provide a massive variety of sounds. This is probably the best investment I've ever made as it can be used with both guitar and bass. I am very impressed with it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is small but very well made and has a high-impact plastic outer casing. Everything about it seems tough and unlikely to break under normal use. The knobs turn very smoothly and you have to put a fair bit of pressure on the pedal to activate the effect. This should withstand live playing very well and would make a great addition to a low budget pedal board. the pedal itself has a rubber grip to prevent your foot slipping and missing the change. It is a simple tool, and simple things are usually less likely to be defective. // 8

Overall Impression: I bought this effects pedal because I wanted to use it for my new single coil pickup that I fitted to my acoustic guitar, Also because I don't have an overdrive function on my amp. I recently discovered the joys of distorted bass and this pedal is playing a fundamental role in that. Some of the best distorted bass comes from bands such as Mountain and Jamiroquai. I use this with my acoustics and a standard J-Bass. I don't own an electric guitar but that would be ideal. If it was lost or damaged I would buy a new one. Brand new, these pedals cost about £20. // 9

Comments