OD400 Overdrive review by Behringer

Behringer: OD400 Overdrive

I plug a Greg Bennett AV3 into this and this into a Vox AD30VT. It's pretty good. I mostly use it to add gain to solos or just it heavier for more driving sounds. I also use it to add some grit to my clean tones for light leads with delay. It also can tighten up the Numetal setting on the amp and add lots of gain for metal. It can be harsh, but I use it with very low gain most of the time. I notice that there is no good in between sound on this pedal. It's either low, bluesy, boosting gain or with the Drive knob full up for a classic rock crunch that it sounds alright. The sound is lacking, but it's good enough for my usage of it.

I play a variety of all styles nearly, but mostly Christian music, rock, bluesy rock, and some blues. I've been playing for three years, but I don't own much. I'm not disappointed in this pedal, because I knew what it was already. I'm going to replace it soon, so I won't cry if something happens to it. It's just a cheap overdrive.

It's plastic, but I use it on stage. It works just fine and I wouldn't try to break it. It always works and the battery usually lasts for almost a month with about a two hour usage each day, depending on how good the battery is. I'm not worried about a backup though. If something happens, I'd just get another one because it's cheap. It loses a couple points for being plastic though.

It's fairly easy to use. Just lower your expectations, because this is no Tubescreamer or Maxon OD808. The knobs are good for adjusting the volume, amount of gain, and tweaking the treble and bass. I have to say that the manual and all Behringer effects manuals are horrendous. The don't help in the slightest.

Way Cool JR.
    Man those pedals sound awesome on a tube amp they sound very transparent and natural don't think they sound to hot on a SS. The thing that is funny is they sound better than the tube screamer so if you have a tube amp don't waste your money on a tube screamer try one of these first. And also OD pedals are more aimed for tube amps not solid state they are to overdrive the tubes.