PB1000 Pedal Board Review

reviews (2) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
PB1000 Pedal Board Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 05, 2010

Price paid: A$ 175

Purchased from: Pro Light

Ease of Use: it is really great for beginners that don't have the money to invest in an expensive board. I get a pretty good sound out of it, I love this because it comes with patch cables (not the Best) and a power pack which most do not include. There is not manual as such that comes with it but it does come with a setup guide, and it has the space to fit a Wah Wah pedal. // 10

Sound: I'm using it with an Epiphone Les Paul and a Marshall MG50FX and the sound is pretty good but the power pack does make a slight HUM sound. It doesn't make a difference to your sound it makes it easier to carry your pedals around. It also has stero outputs so your can can have to outputs. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The Plastic case on it is amazing and you could kick it all day and it wouldn't break. I would use it on a gig with out a pbackup because its pretty good quality. And everyone says that Behringer is crap but really is good for people with limited cash. // 10

Overall Impression: I Play Rock and Metal and is great beacause one of the feature that appealed to me was that it havs foam inserts so you don't have to waste time with velcro and ruin the under side of your pedals but it would be good ifit came with some extra foam inserts that you can cut to size and some more longer patch cables but otherwise It Is Great. // 10

PB1000 Pedal Board Reviewed by: itstheman, on january 04, 2010

Purchased from: amazon.com

Ease of Use: Behringer's PB1000 is a pedalboard with a strong likeness to Boss's BCB60, but bigger. I had the BCB60 for 6 months, and now have had the PB1000 for 2 months. My BCB60 didn't break; I just had a growing collection on pedals, and instead of constantly swapping pedals in and out, decided it was time to get a bigger board. Using it is almost an exact clone of Boss's design: it has a input and output built in the board, a 9V daisy chain that will power up to 13 pedals, and 12 cutouts for Boss-sized pedals. I was able to fit my DigiTech Whammy, a wah pedal, a Boss od, Boss tuner, Boss fuzz, a DOD fuzz, ISP decimator g-string, a electroharmonix memory toy, and a DigiTech synthwah (not in order). Everything is powered by the daisy chain except the DigiTech Whammy (it uses its own power supply.) // 10

Sound: The powersupply is pretty good; it powers my 9 pedals fine, and it's not very noisy (with and without the ISP on.) The input and 2 outputs are also good. The cables are the only reason this loses points -- the patch cables Behringer gives you aren't very good...they work, but they are very tinny sounding and noisy -- I replaced my cables (ended up spending about another $30) and it works great. I think Behringer would've been better off not shipping those cables at all, or just adding an extra 20 or 30 bucks to ship quality cables -- like the ones that came with the BCB60, I still use those in this board. // 6

Reliability & Durability: The lock design on the Behringer is actually a bit better then the Boss; they're definitely sturdier, and if they do break off, there's holes where it would lock up, so you can tie it up and it will lock up just as good. It also has rubber footing, which was a design flaw in the BCB60; when my wah pedal was in that board and I was playing a gig on a hardwood floor, I would have to follow my board as it would slide around. With this one, I've gigged and played on hardwood floors, and it stays completely still. The pedalboard is made of a strong plastic of some sort; I would definitely trust it in a lot of situations -- although I'm sure there is definitely much sturdier metal casing boards you can find for pretty penny. Considering the price, the casing is definitely quality for the cash. // 10

Overall Impression: If you mostly use Boss-size pedals, I highly recommend you make a (not so costly) investment in this board. I wouldn't recommend this to someone who uses pedals of all different shapes and sizes; this is more of a one trick pony, and I would look at a PedalTrain or something in that vein for empty space to fill with whatever you like. For the price of $100, plus another $30-40 for better patch cables, you have a great pedalboard. I would've paid double the amount it costed and still consider this quality. This is a steal, and if you love having more then "a couple" effects, get this board! // 10

Comments