SF300 Super Fuzz review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 2.8 Junky
Behringer: SF300 Super Fuzz

Purchased from: Melmusic

I'm using a Yamaha ERG121 and Danelectro 56 Pro plugged into a Fender HotRod Deluxe. The effects are quite strong and can be adjusted to make them weaker or stronegr depending on your preference. The soudns are odd and unreliable, sometimes it will just make a high pitched squeeling sound other times it gives a muddy, or metalic sound very unlike fuzz, the effects are very poor on this pedal and you're not likely to be able to copy any of your favourite artists, although you can come up with your own unique sound, a terrible sound but unique none the less.

I play all sorts of rock, I bought a fuzz pedal so I could play music like kyuss, Fu Manchu and The Smashing Pumpkins, aswell as some of my own originals which tend to use fuzz. It's not very good for any of these bands songs, If it were stolen I'd save up and buy somehting mroe expensive that's gives a good quality sound, something like a Fender Blender or even a big muff. I love some of the odd soudns that come out of it but I hate that you can't depend on hem to happen everytime, it's just so damn unreliable!

It's completely random, That's its major problem, sometimes it gives off ok-ish fuzz but other times it becoems very strange, it you could depend on it to do the same thing everytime than it would be much better, some of the werid sounds it makes are kinda cool but you can't force them to appear. The pedal also has the problem that sometimes you stamp it on then it will refuse to stamp off and you have to actually pull the cables out to shut it up. I would certainly not use this at a gig unless I could get some reliability out of it.

This is a strange little peice of equipment, I bought it because I just wanted a cheap fuzz pedal to much around with and therefore chose Behringer as they usually make half decent stuff without breaking the bank. This pedal is a bit of a disapointment, it's almost imposible to get a nice fuzz sound out of it, infact most of the time it just gives off a weird metalic sound. It has 4 knobs to change teh sound, treble, bass, level and gain, it also has 2 different types of fuzz to choose between or a boost. The manual it came with was mostly in chinese which si weird as Behringer are german, what instructions it gave were minimal, mostly just how to put a battery in it and where to plug leads in.

Coldspiders13
    I might go check it out... i have a think for strange noises. If you really want a strange but good fuzz pedal, i would recommend saving up and investing in a zvex fuzz factory.
    FrEaKGuItArIsT
    Yeah, Behringer seems to be kinda hit and miss with the not-too-expensive pedals. I've got their Ultra Flanger, but it's quite good and I also had the same instruction problem. they just kinda give you an average pedal and make you mess around it till you get what you look.