SM400 Super Metal review by Behringer

Behringer: SM400 Super Metal

Purchased from: Free with a magazine subscription

I usually use it through my Encore E99 down at my local comunity centre, through a Roland Cube 20 and I thought that was the sound of perfection... However, due to technical issues with said guitar, I've been using a Yamaha Pacifica and that is even better. The effects will sound great no matter what settings you have it on. Using this pedal I have mimicked the sound of Bring Me The Horizon and Avenged Sevenfold and with some more fiddling, you could quite possibly get any artist you want.

I play metal, but that isnt the only genre I play. For that, it is excellent, but if you want clean tones, you'd be better off running to the hills. If it was stolen frome me, I would have two options. I would get another, ASAP, or I would find that person and make them run to the hills with the clean freaks.

It might be made of plastics to keep the cost down, but this could compete with the Dunlop Cry Baby in terms of strength. In fact, you would have to look for some nuclear survival shellter to find some thing as tough as this. I would definitely trust this live, with no back up.

This pedal is amazingly simple to use, with a simple 4 dial lay-out, which is Level, High, Low and Distortion. The manual that came with it was excellent an set out well. I do believe it has been upgraded with the UM-100 and UM-300 models, but I would personally stick with this one.

JohnVanOevelen
    It's cheap, but for home-usage only you can buy a BH For live action I prefer Boss, because BH doesn't sound good at full volume imho
    seemeel
    NHECOS
    seemeel wrote: Sooooo cheap... good for total beginners who want to experiment a bit. Although you'd be better off getting a modelling amp like a Vypyr, or a multi-effects pedal, for the cost of a handful of these cheap and cheerful pedals.
    That!!!
    365_days_gone
    People...it is obviously cheap...look at his purchased from: Purchased from: Free with a magazine subscription The pedal is so cheap, they give it away free with a magazine subscription. haha
    Flibo
    A $40 pedal getting 10's and 9's? It's suspicious to say the least. Is it really any good?
    CapnKickass
    The Behringer delay pedal is good soundwise, the only issue with it is durability. If you stomp on the pedal and then let the spring snap it back up too fast too many times it can break the plastic around the hinge. I've super glued mine about 5 times lol.
    NickGiovanni
    I've used this and it broke within the first week. It is extremely fragile, and the tone isn't much. Behringer pedals aren't very good to begin with.
    kamel2f2f
    i have a behringer hb01 wah pedal, and its pretty good. bought it for 30$
    frankyz
    Behringer pedals are pretty good for the pric, and these sound ok. I use them for home use. I would not gig with them though, for that i use Digitec, and Boss. ""seemeel : Sooooo cheap... good for total beginners who want to experiment a bit. Although you'd be better off getting a modelling amp like a Vypyr, or a multi-effects pedal, for the cost of a handful of these cheap and cheerful pedals."" No, i think you are wrong. I have a Handfull of Behringers on 1 pedal board, and find much more versitility with them than a multi FX. and still at half the price of a decent Multi FX
    ionoobmaster
    behringer pedals are good to experiment with, to see what type and pedals are right for you, the only problem with this pedal is that it's a little noisy with high gain, but what can you expect from such a cheap pedal?
    shanshan17
    there is no way in hell that it can compare to the cry baby in strength, i bought the pedal and it was really fuzzy i tried with all different settings but it was still fuzzy, Behringer Distortion pedals arnt to flash but their modulation pedals are ok, i recommend the FAB metal for guitarists on a budget also the Digitech Death Metal Pedal kicks so much ass
    jaybrink101
    I don't have the super metal, I got the Ultra Metal and it is the worst sounding piece of **** I've ever heard, ever. I've tried every tone through every amp with lots of different guitars, the only thing that's ever sounded decent was playing Angels & Airwaves through a terrible Samick Bass amp, or potentially playing that godawful trebly death metal tone on max gain.