TO100 Tube Overdrive review by Behringer

Behringer: TO100 Tube Overdrive

I use it as a boost pedal as my Carlsbro valve amp has a decent enough cruch sound. The sound it gives is great for searing classic rock lead tone, very smooth and sweet. I use it my cover's band and it just lifts the sound of my guitar to the front of the mix. However if your looking for a metal or other high gain sound this pedal is not for you in my opinion.

This pedal is great for classic rock type bands or anyone who lays off the gain but wnats a boost for a solo. If it were stolen I would simply buy annother one as they are so cheap. This pedal works best with a humbucker equiped guitar and a valve amp. If you have a Line 6 Spider or something similar I would not purchase this pedal.

Although it doesn't feel tough it can stand my boots and I do stamp on my pedals quite aggressively. I would gig with this pedal without a backup as I have never had any problems with. It does, however, go through batterys (9 volt block) quite quickly so I prefer to use the power cable which I bought seperately.

Basic stomp box, very easy to use 3 knobs, level, tone, and drive. Difficult not to understand. The manual is essentially a waste of paper as it's very self explanitory. Also once you have acheicved a decent tone with it, it is very easy to return to that tone, whereas other pedals (in my opinion) take much longer to "reacquire" the tone.