TO100 Tube Overdrive review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Behringer: TO100 Tube Overdrive

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I'm using it with an Orange Crush 30R amp, an Epiphone LesPaul guitar and two Planet Waves 24K cables. And I don't like this pedal. I've got another Behringer one, and it works really good, it's a good rock sound, but here the sound is just bad. It sounds like if your head was under the water. even if you put the tone knob at the maximal value it's still a bit like that. You can't have a little sweet Overdrive sound, if you put the Drive knob at 9AM it's already too much if you're playing blues or even calm rock.

I play rock, alternative and Indie and if it worked properly and made a goud sound, it would be cool, but it doesn't. It's too low. A friend's got another Overdrive pedal from Behringer, a TO800, Tube Vintage Overdrive, and the sound was great, that's why I got this one, even if it's cheaper I thought it would sound allright. I think I'll buy it and try with it. So this pedal sounds bad, looks bad (look at the picture you'll understand), chews batteries. The only positive point it's that it costed me 15 bucks so it's not a big loss.

It's a cheap pedal full plastic made, can't beat the competition. Knobs are all loose, plastic works like plastic. I wouldn't use it without backup for sure, because I wouldn't use it in a gig at all, you'll just look ridiculous with your submerged guitar.

It's easy of use: you've got to press on it, and it's not a little button but the whole bottom of the pedal, so it's easier to press right. The manual is just one page that explains shortly how to put the battery in and show the names of the different parts of the pedal. There are three knobs: level, tone and drive.

SL!!!
    Well I play in my church, and it's survived a few services
    burn the stars
    ok, youve never actually used anything from them have you? cause ive been touring with alot of behringer gear and it works great and held up.
    frankyz
    SL!!! wrote: Well I play in my church, and it's survived a few services Haha, dude that's not a durability test. Haha. Well, with a Berhinger it is i guess, they make some crappy stuff.
    Moron. Behringer make some good stuff, this pedal is good for the price, and having used their amps and pedals for many a year i have no complaint. I will continue to buy Behringer(not the guitars though)for many a year to come.