TO100 Tube Overdrive review by Behringer

Behringer: TO100 Tube Overdrive

Purchased from: Matchetts Music Belfast

I'm using this as I said with a Line6 Spider II 15wt and my guitar is an Epi les paul standard. The pedal does not make any noise when turned off and does not affect my Boss Auto-wah which I put before it. Compared to the DS-1 it is pretty good and sounds like John Frusciante's or kurt cobains are easy to get but the heavey sounds are much harder to get unless it's ran throgh a Drive channel on the amp and using like a boost pedal.

I play a lot of rock and indie music but it works for many other styles which I don't aply as much of. A lot of people compare this to the DS-1 but in my opinion it's more like the Boss blues driver only a lot better. I would recommend this pedal. It's usually 20 by the way but I got it in a sale.

So far the reliability has been good. It's made of plastic which worried me cause I tend to jump on these things but it has been very durable and is able to withsatnd a good kick. I've gigged with it a few times and it works well live. It seems like it will hold out. The only problem is the knobs are quite loose right from the start.

I'm using this through a Line6 Spider II 15 and have to say it took me a while to get a good sound from it. It's not a heavey distrotion pedal but when I play it through the clean channel it get barely any distrotion. That said ith a bit or work it gives really nice classic rock a blues rock tones. The pedal itself is easy to use with only 3 knobs. The manual with it is very simple but of course it is only a distortion pedal.

UG_bastardo
    i have 8 behringer stomps and all held pretty well. you dont actually "jump" on a stompbox do you. only idiots do that. ^_^
    ironkat
    SL!!! : Well I play in my church, and it's survived a few services Haha, dude that's not a durability test. Haha. Well, with a Berhinger it is i guess, they make some crappy stuff. it is at my church ;