TO100 Tube Overdrive review by Behringer

Behringer: TO100 Tube Overdrive

Purchased from: some guy off of kijiji

Alot of people say when it comes to Behringer "you get what you pay for" this is and is not the case for this pedal. Sure it is cheap but you can get a pretty good sound from it, depending on if you're looking for a tube Overdrive with a very high gain, if you are then save your money and go look for another one, but this pedal still has a little kick to it. I combined it with a heavy metal distortion pedal and it gave me a pretty wicked sound!

I think this pedal is a good pedal to have if your having fun or playing gigs, if it were lost or stolen depending on how much money I had I would consider buying it again, it lasted a while for me and has a decent sound, but if I had more money I would probably just buy a better tube Overdrive.

Like all Behringer stompboxes its plastic and feels like a Toy. But even so, I have other Behringer pedals, and for some reason this one feels more solid, I can't really explain it but it wont just break after a few stomps, I've had it for a while and its still working perfectly. The only thing I don't like about it, is the knobs feel VERY cheap, and when you turn them there is no tension, no resistance like in other pedals, which is another reason many people say its like a toy.

It's a pretty simple pedal to use. It has 3 knobs (drive/tone/level) you can use a battery but its much easier to use a power supply because its annoying to get to where the battery is.

rv_phoenix
    AtaBorMan wrote: MaggaraMarine: Price =/= sound. The circuit is an exact copy of the TS7.
    ... but made with the cheapest available electronics, by the cheapest and less skilled Chinese workers. Comparing this crap to a TS9 only proves someone is completely deprived of any musical hearing or sense. Behringers are the crappiest devices in guitar world, period.
    MaggaraMarine
    Well, if it costs only 10 euros then price = sound.