TU100 Chromatic Tuner review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Behringer: TU100 Chromatic Tuner

Purchased from: Bellones Music

I use this pedal with a Seagull acoustic, Ibanez ax and a Epiphone Les Paul. Other then the Seagull acoustic, you can tell I'm all about cheap guitars. It sounds ok with all the guitars, but the effects never sound as good as say my brothers Boss Chorus pedal. Some effects are much better then others. Obviously the pitch shift and tremolo sound good, but the flanger and chorus really leave something to be desired as far as quality of sound. I run it through a chain from guitar to mister crybaby to DigiTech distortion to multi FX to Behringer tuner. Both this pedal and my tuner produce a hum when all hooked up in the long chain which isn't that pronounced but if I use distortion built in on amps it becomes very obnoxious.

I play a lot of punk, rock and metal. However, I also used it for acoustic guitar on one occasion. It is a fairly universal pedal but it's still not high quality effects. The attraction to this pedal for me was the price. I don't use effects that often, and when I do, it's just light chorus or something to that effect. If I was a professional, I would definitely not use this pedal, but for small gigs and jamming with friends, there is nothing wrong with it. If it were lost or stolen, I think I would replace it with something better like a DigiTech multi FX unit. Overall, if you are looking for a cheap pedal, but want to use a lot of different effects, but not a the same time, then this pedal would be a good purchase.

I have used this pedal for 2 small gigs without a back up. However if I was playing a large show, I would deffinately swap it out for a better pedal. As with all Behringer pedals, the quality of construction is shotty as they are made out of a fairly malleable plastic. There is damage to the bottom created by the pressure of the screw that holds it to my pedal board.

This is a multi FX pedal, so obviously it is not going to have the same range of sounds as a dedicated fx pedal. There are 3 controls for each effect, one being level. The sound is adequate for the price. It takes a lot of fiddling to get a good sound with it, but I wasn't expecting a great pedal for so cheap. It is also annoying to have to change all the settings when you change effects so I put marks on it to remember my preferred settings. The manual as with all Behringer pedals is shotty at best.

myvaliantleap
    Umm, this isn't an effect, much less a multi-effects pedal. Are you sure you wrote this about a tuner?
    ready2breakdown
    what the hell is this? The Tu-100 is a tuner pedal, not a multi-effect pedal(i guess thats what you were trying to call it). get your shit straight. I dont see why ug posted this...
    bi$anz
    Sorry, i put in the wrong title, i was writting about the behringer multifx pedal, i will write up one for the tuner
    bi$anz
    Sorry about the mix up, i meant to write a review for the behringer multi fx pedal, i had submitted a new review for this pedal, which i also own. Appologies to UG and to the mods, please erase this review!!!