TU100 Chromatic Tuner review by Behringer

Behringer: TU100 Chromatic Tuner

Purchased from: Music Store

I use this with my band for gigs and shows. It tunes my bass up accurately and easily. The mute function is also very good, as it lets you tune completely silently. It also stops the bass 'humming' through the amp between songs and sets. It is very good in this respect. As I have said before, I have not used many of the tuning modes (flat, double flat, etc) because I play totally and exclusively in standard tuning.

I found it very hard to rewiew this tuner, because half of the rewiew criteria didn't apply, ie I can't really comment on the sound of a tuner, but hey, I tried my best. I really do think that this pedal was very good value for the money, and gives the convenience of it being in pedal form, rather than having to mess about with the conventional rectangular tuners. The LED display is very bright and easy to see on a dark stage, with a green LED to tell you when you are in tune. There is also a red Status indicator to let you know whether it's on or off. Overall, this tuner is excellent value and I would definitly recommend it to anyone!

I would depend on it at a gig and continue to do so. I use this with a 9v power supply because I have a major distrust of batteries. I find it much safer and cheaper in the long run to fork out for a power supply. That way, you don't get halfway through a song, and realise the pedal has run out of batteries and have to change it before you can continue playing. The casing is plastic, so it isn't going to be anywhere near as durable as a metal cased pedal, but it has stood up to quite a lot of abuse so far and continues to work fine.

THis pedal is pretty easy to use overall. It has 7 different tuning modes, ranging from regular, to flat, to double flat and chromatic. The reference tone is also adjustable from 438hz to 445hz. It also has a mute function. All of this is very well, but I have never really used any of the modes. I simply plug it in and stomp on it. It is fine like this and will give accurate tuning to both my guitar and bass.

nandezfranchise
    superslinky : can this thing power up other pedals like the boss tu2??
    No it can't. This pedal absolutely sucks. Its not worth the 20 bucks I paid for it. Mine worked for about a month, then the calibration got messed. It doesn't tune acurately at all. Its constantly off by about a quarter step, making it's 1 and only function completely useless. Don't even bother. Get a boss TU2. It costs more, but its worth it to have a reliable tuner rather than the piece of junk that is the tu100.
    Addzam
    Yea I've noticed these comments are like 3 years old but I just wanna say that I bought this pedal some time ago and here's what happened. The buttons simply fell off after a while but that didn't matter since I don't use them at all. I've used it during light rain outside (do NOT use pedals or amps outside when its raining!!!), inside and on concrete. It has lasted through many gigs and have not caused me a single problem yet (though I try not to stomp too hard on it when I use it ). But for the cash I spent on it.. This deserves a ten.