TU300 Chromatic Tuner review by Behringer

Behringer: TU300 Chromatic Tuner

Purchased from: zZounds

I own a few different Ibanez guitars and a Peavey Windsor; for bass I own a Cort, Rogue, and a Dean with a Genz Benz amp. This pedal is fairly quiet, especially in the switching. However, once the note is registered, I notice a subtle hum especially when I'm playing on the Windsor. Nothing that is enough to offset the deal that I got on the pedal.

I play rock and metal, but this pedal will work for any genre, bass or guitar. I would definitely buy this tuner pedal again if something happened to this one, especially at the price. I mean, a tuner is a tuner. For only paying $15 Brand New, and having it for 2 years and it's still going strong is enough for me to recommend it.

I've used this many times on gigs without a backup. One thing I've read on the web is that Behringer pedals are hell on batteries, but I use a One Sport adapter system so I don't have to worry about it. Also, the pedal is made from plastic. I don't think this will be a problem for anybody because unless you intend to throw this pedal around it should stand up for awhile. I keep mine in my pedalboard road-case so mine is still in great shape, even after a couple years of use.

The TU300 from Behringer is a very simple to use tuner pedal. The unit comes with a manual although I doubt anyone will need it. It has 7 different tuning modes, including Regular, Flat, Double Flat and Chromatic mode. There is also a separate section for the flat and double flat modes for guitar and bass. I have used this with both guitar and bass and it works great for both.

eyebanez333
    you have to use a pen to take the stomp portion of the pedal of to access the battery...there are push pins on either side of the pedal.