TU300 Chromatic Tuner review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Behringer: TU300 Chromatic Tuner

Ok so I seldom use this in my rig, mostly tune up then take it out of the rig but you can leave it in their if you wanted. It features a bypass so this could be left in without affecting tone but I choose not to. To my ears it does not add extra hum to the amp but my friends got one that adds plenty so his rig. Might be to do with amp quality or just hit on miss as to whether you get a good one or not.

This pedal is great if you simply tune up with it and go. It does the job of all its expensive counter parts exactly the same. I wouldn't use Behringer for OD pedals ect but for something that I'll be using only to tune and not a key part of my rig this makes perfect sense. What would I change about it? 1) I'd send the pedal in a box, not in some thermal plastic like a toy. 2) The LED on the front is so freaking bright it can be difficult to see the read out. Oh and every person who bought it would recieve cake. To sum up then. Yeah there are pedals that would do the same job "better" but really how much varience can there be between tuners with the exception of accuracy? Sure you could by the Boss version or a Korg ect and no doubt love your product, but why spend extortionate amounts of money? If this was given to me and it was a Boss I'd feel guilty that someone had spent alot of money on it for me and I'd end up paying them. Ј60-Ј70 for a tuner. Stuff that.

Well... Behringer... Yeah. Ok seriously lets not judge a book by its cover, iv had mine 6 months, it works great and I simply could not go without it, specially usefull when tuning to alternate tunings. I use a power supply for all my power so cannot comment on how fast this pedal munches through batteries but if you gig it without fresh batteries... Not really the pedals fault is it? The housing is plastic and I'm fed up of people moaning about this fact. Its cheap and affordable and its not a pedal you stomp on all night, only once or twice so why does it matter? Also if your on a budget (student here) they just make so much sense. The ONLY issue as far as reliability goes is that sometimes it takes just a little to long to register what note I'm playing.

Ok so its a chromatic tuner, fairly straight forward I guess plug in and go. Unless your a complete neanderthal you should be able to aptly work this one out. Just kidding there's more to it then that, everything is explained in the leaflet depending on whether your in chromatic mode or not. If in chromatic it will be the note shown is the note your playing. For sharps it has a dot after. So C# on the display would look like "C". It has several modes to choose from; chromatic, guitar (standard), (from standard), (from standard) and bass (standard).

Sundaydude
    I've had this tuner for about 4 months now, and it does its job like it should. For the people that say it's complete crap, I don't believe you! I have used the Boss tuner, and the only thing that I can comment on is that the Boss is made of metal. Behringer makes their pedals out of plastic, but they are nonetheless, tough pedals. Especially since this one is the tuner, you might only step on it a few times per show, and if you are careful with your stuff, it will last for as long as you want it to. I wouldn't spend the $100 on a Boss for a tuner that does the exact same thing as what I spent $30 on.
    scoobbie
    MaggaraMarine
    BobChicken
    MaggaraMarine wrote: Vin2254 wrote: brena wrote: It doesn't turn on. I've got the 9v adapter, everything correctly. tell me the the steps to turn it on, so that I can see what am I doing wrong do you have the guitar plugged into it? some of my pedals don't turn on until i plug my guitar into it. Yep. I had a Behringer DM100 (and that was crap) and it didn't turn on until the guitar was plugged.
    you know pretty much all pedals dont right?
    scoobbie
    basically i suspect the chaps have designed it using digital electronics and not thought very hard about designing it to work from a power supply. Dont use a switch mode power supply for starters, Try a linear dc psu, which i use but it still wont work pure crap get a cat r dog to tune ur gtar
    magnix
    scoobbie wrote: its a real piece of shit, dont buy this product as ive had 2 replaced in 6 months, worst single product i have bought in my life, not just to do with guitars,itll work fro about 5 minutes and the stop,rubbish save your money and get a cat to tune your guitar as the cat will be a much better bet
    haha yeah my cat tunes my guitar to :p