UC100 Ultra Chorus review by Behringer

Behringer: UC100 Ultra Chorus

Purchased from: Local Shop

I use this effect with a few different guitars and my Crate V18 and Peavey Windsor. This pedal is never noisy and really makes you cleans thick. It works well with my Windsor to cover up the fact that the cleans aren't great. It covers up the slight Overdrive you get when you try to clean up a stock Windsor well. Easy to get clean Metallica sounds on my V18 using the neck pickup in my guitar (think Fade to Black intro, Master of Puppets interlude).

I've been playing rock and metal for a few years now and this pedal works very well for clean sections. I own a couple of other stompboxes currently, and have owned a bunch in the past. This one is one of my favorites and I would definitely replace this pedal if it were lost/stolen. Most of Behringer's models are based off of Boss pedals, and this one sounds similar to the Boss Chorus, but at a smaller price tag.

I have used this pedal many times Live and without a backup. it's been a staple of my pedalboard for a couple years now and has never failed me. it's made of plastic, but it is very durable nonetheless. Behringer pedals are notorious for chewing through 9V batteries and this one is no exception. I use a One Spot system so it doesn't affect me anymore.

A very decent pedal from Behringer. The controls include level, tone, rate and depth. Simple pedal to use and is easy to get good sounds from. The manual is fairly short, but the pedal isn't too complicated. This model features a dual-output design.