UC100 Ultra Chorus Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 12/11/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: UC100 Ultra Chorus
Get super thick chorus with unbelievable stereo effect! They've also thrown in dedicated level, EQ, rate and depth controls for unproblematic sound shaping.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 Ease of Use: 9.5
 2,274
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
UC100 Ultra Chorus Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 27, 2006

Purchased from: Thoma Okaze Gent

Ease of Use: This pedal is very easy to use, as most single effectpedals are. It has 4 knobs: level, tone, rate and depth. Level determines the volume, tone adjusts the tone from low to high, rate sets the speed of the effect and depth determines how strong the effect is. The manual shows what the knobs are for and not much more. No recommended settings or anything. // 9

Sound: My setup: Fender Stratocaster, Behringer UD100, Behringer UC100 and a little 15W amp. It's never noisy, not even when you turn all the knobs to max. The effects are weak when you have the rate below half, but thats normal whith the chorus effect, once you go over the half it's sounds good. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It seems very dependable to me, it's not made of steel so you should be a little more carefull with it, however if you don't go smashing it with hammers it should be fine. I whouldn't use it without a backup but I whuoldn't use anything without a backup, 'cause when you are drinking beer on stage, you might spill it over your equipment and shortcut it. // 7

Overall Impression: I use it play rock, hard rock, metal. It's suitable for anything. If someone stole it, they'd live to regret it, if it where lost I whould certainly buy it again. The price was certainly the most atractive feature, together with the stereo output it has. It's a grate pedal and don't regret buying it. // 9

UC100 Ultra Chorus Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on december 11, 2008

Purchased from: Local Shop

Ease of Use: A very decent pedal from Behringer. The controls include level, tone, rate and depth. Simple pedal to use and is easy to get good sounds from. The manual is fairly short, but the pedal isn't too complicated. This model features a dual-output design. // 10

Sound: I use this effect with a few different guitars and my Crate V18 and Peavey Windsor. This pedal is never noisy and really makes you cleans thick. It works well with my Windsor to cover up the fact that the cleans aren't great. It covers up the slight Overdrive you get when you try to clean up a stock Windsor well. Easy to get clean Metallica sounds on my V18 using the neck pickup in my guitar (think Fade to Black intro, Master of Puppets interlude). // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have used this pedal many times Live and without a backup. it's been a staple of my pedalboard for a couple years now and has never failed me. it's made of plastic, but it is very durable nonetheless. Behringer pedals are notorious for chewing through 9V batteries and this one is no exception. I use a One Spot system so it doesn't affect me anymore. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing rock and metal for a few years now and this pedal works very well for clean sections. I own a couple of other stompboxes currently, and have owned a bunch in the past. This one is one of my favorites and I would definitely replace this pedal if it were lost/stolen. Most of Behringer's models are based off of Boss pedals, and this one sounds similar to the Boss Chorus, but at a smaller price tag. // 10

Comments