UD100 Ultra Distortion review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Behringer: UD100 Ultra Distortion

Purchased from: Mega Music

Alrighty, when I first bought this pedal I thought "for $35 how can I go wrong!?", and I sure did. I'd have been better off saving my money for an MT2 Metal Zone or another Boss pedal. Ok so I plugged it in for the first time when I was a n00b and I didn't know any better, it sounded alright I thought. That was until I compared it to a friends pedal, the UD100 was put to shame. Anyway, no point relating this to my musical tastes, it's not good for anyone. But I'll give it a three because it sounds bearable through a load of delay and reverb.

I'm going to give it a six for overall. Basically you get what you pay for, so this score is relative to my $35 or whatever you paid for one (hopefully you didn't). The tone is a nightmare, really. And the body feels cheap, but still durable (if that makes sense). When buying this pedal I didn't know jack about effects, I was just happy to have distortion, and now I know. Don't bother with this one, go for a Metal Zone.

This pedal doesn't feel like it's gonna break, but it does feel somewhat cheaply made, and it's plastic construction makes it somewhat inferior to it's steel bodied competitors. Would I use it at a gig without a backup? I wouldn't use it at a gig at all.

This is about the only good thing about this pedal. There are no complications when using it. An ape with downsyndrome could figure it out. You turn the knobs, you press down on the pedal for on/off. Hurray. But at the top of this screen here it says "How easy is it to get a good sound out of it?". And the answer to that is 'impossible'. You will never get a 'good' tone out of it, so I'm going to give it an 8 for ease of use.