UD100 Ultra Distortion review by Behringer

Behringer: UD100 Ultra Distortion

Purchased from: Piens Music Planet

I use it with a Fender Stratocaster and a small 15W amp. It doens't give any noise unless you put the level and the distortion all the way up, but that whouldn't give a good sound anyway so why whould you do that? The effects are perfect, you can allways hear you guitar coming through clearly, even with very heavy distortion. I can get the sounds from Metallica (e.g. Master Of Puppets, Am I Evil, Jump In The Fire), Blink 182, The Pixies, Santana (combined with my amps Overdrive) and many others.

It gives a fine sound for any type of music requiting distortion. I whould certainly buy it again unless I find the cash to buy me multiFX processor.

It's a very firm pedal, allthough the materials aren't that endurable (but what do expect for 23?). It hasn't failed to work yet, so I'd say it's very dependable, but using it without a backup? No, I whouldn't do yhat with any pedal, something can allways go wrong.

This pedal is very easy to use. It's got 3 knobs and a switch. You use the switch to choose between rythme or solo stance. Then you use the knobs to select the desired level, tone and the amount of distortion. The manual shows what everything does and how to replace the battery. No presets but then again, allmost everysetting sounds great.

Illusive
    so my vote is now 3 it worked perfectly all the time and i still think it's good value for money. going Boss now
    chatlo77
    Just bought mine off eBay for $44 AUD which is about $33 US, just waiting on it to arrive now and i will review when it does so.
    Illusive
    i'm here to change my vote on reliability and durability. After ownong it for allmost a year now, i packed it in a box a couple of weeks ago 'cause i had to paint the room i had it in. When the work was done it set it back up and suddenly it didn't work anymore. All cables were inserted correctly as usual and the powersupply was working properly. The UC 100 chorus by Beringer shared it's fate. It seems like these Beringer pedals don't stand being put in cardboard boxes very well. I'm never buying one again.