UD100 Ultra Distortion review by Behringer

Behringer: UD100 Ultra Distortion

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I used it at first with a little Marshall 10W amp and an Epiphone LesPaul, and it wasn't really good. When it was low it seemed like an Overdrive thing and if you put it too high you just couldn't hear the melody, it was just noise. Then I used it with an Orange 30W combo and the same Epiphone LP and it was really better, the low distortion was sweet and the second level was hard and really distorded. At the end I tested it with the same amp but with the new Gibson rockstar, a LesPaul BFG, and it was just a nice rock'n'roll sound with the first level and a hard metal sound at the second.

I play rock, alternative and indie and with the first level it's really fine, I just use the ultra level for fun. If it gets lost it I'd maybe buy a new one of the same kind, at least a Behringer one because I already have an overdrive pedal from the same brand and for that price it's really hard to do better than this. However, it's better if you play with a good amp, if you play with a cheap amp with no body, it won't sound very good. It's your choice. The sound's good, the color is pretty fun, it's cheap. As I said, for this price I think it's the better you could have. For ending with this, I'd like to apologize for my english, I don't speak english often, I'm from Switzerland and I speak french, so I'm sorry for the mistakes you may have found.

I just had it for one moth and it still works properly. It's a little distorition pedal that could be used on small gigs but it still is a little one. But if you do little gigs with your band, using it in some songs that will be okay. I don't have a band so I can't really tell you, I only play at home for the moment, but I think it can be possible to play with it on a small gig.

It's easy of use: you've got to press on it, and it's not a little buton but the whole bottom of the pedal, so it's easier to press right. It might be a bit difficult to put the battery in if you don't know how to at the beginning, because the manual does simply not explain how to do it. You have to press on both sides of the thing and put the plastic cover off, put the 9V battery in, and finally put the cover on again.