UD100 Ultra Distortion review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Behringer: UD100 Ultra Distortion

Purchased from: Ebay

I used this pedal with a Epiphone LP Studio and a Peavey Amp. I tried to play a little metal with it, but I failed because the pedal gave me a weak, hardness lacking sound! Then I tried to play some Classic Rock with it, this was the genre the pedal fitted best. Afterwards I messed around with it a bit, but in a while I just stopt because it really didn't sound good though.

As I mentioned before: It doesn't fit metal at all, but it's good enough for classic rock. I replaced this thing after 1 and a half week, but too bad my new one isn't Pink! If we would Live in a perfect world. Boss would sell their effects for the same price as Behringer does, but with the same quality!

Well, if you take a look at the pedal. You notice that it looks like a toy a lot (not because of it being Pink, hich is the cool thing about it in my opinion). And if you have used it several times, it will blow up itself and maybe your cable as well. Don't panic when that time comes you will already kicked the pedal out of the house and you might have bought yourself a nice Boss or DigiTech distortion.

Knowing this is a very cheap pedal, you may not expect the 100% Distortion Sound you want. Behringer Did include a Manual, but what's the point of reading the manual for a effect pedal. it's just 3 pods 1 Switch and a foot pedal to swithc on and off. And indeed it is very easy to use... although I would advise this pedal to no one except guitarist that want to try some distortion and don't want to spend 90 euro's on a Boss Metalzone (which is really awesome).

Farether
    I have the ud100 for a while now and I just bought an Boss ds2 from the internet and they really sound (almost) exactly the same. the only real difference I hear/notice is that the ds2 is a little bit quieter, and it feels more firm.however I don't think that the ud100 will break much faster, except if you throw both of a building or something.