UD100 Ultra Distortion review by Behringer

Behringer: UD100 Ultra Distortion

Purchased from: Argentina

I use this pedal with a cheap Burmeister Stratocaster and a 40w Electrovox amp. In my case I get some annoying noise when using high gain settings and not playing with my guitar, but if I'm using normal distortion there's no problem with it. In my opinion this ditortion offers you a very adaptable sound from very low distorted rifs( on mode 1)to high gain leads(on mode 2)I mostly play Hard Rock/Heavy Metal like AC/DC, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, and Iron Maiden, but I only use the effect for the solos.

As I said I mostly play heavy metal, and I'm able to get some good high gain distortion for solos and some killing riffs. I've been playing guitar for about 5 years and I recommend using this effect with some good delay to get some more sutain and if you also want to get a perfect tone you need to buy an ecualizer because it only has one tone without dividing bass, mids and trebles. If it were stolen I would buy another better distortion just to improve my equipment. To sum up, if you're a begginer-intermediate player and need some distortion at low price, this pedal is a very good option, but if you are and advance player, you just have to think about another thing.

It is quite reliable but you have to take some care of it, because it is made all of plastic, so I recommend you to try to avoid any falls or smash because it could result seriously damaged. I never use it with batterys, I always use it with a backup but I think that if you use it on gig with some goog batterys you wouldn't have any problem.

The UD 100 only has three knobs. One for gain, another for tone, and the last one for the level which makes the use of it very easy. It also has a mode selector with two positions. It contains a very small manual which is unneccesary to read. So if you ever had an stompbox, it would be very easy to you to get a good sound from it.