UD100 Ultra Distortion review by Behringer

Behringer: UD100 Ultra Distortion

Price paid: € 29

Purchased from: MusicStore.de

I use it with the Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp and some other effects from Behringer. Its not nosiy, the Effekt is always great, with the right setup, sometimes its a bit tricky to find the right setup, but when you get it, its sound great. To find good setups got to the Behringer Hoepage, there are some presets with sampels of the sound. You can use other effects with it like a Flanger or a Phase shifter (but the shifter + the distortion is hard to setup :-) ) If I can get the Sound of one of my favorit artists? Hmm I can say "I don't know", I've never Test it. But If you want to try it pleas do it and give response please.

With this Effekt you can play from Blues over Rock to lite Metal, everything. I used it know for about 2 Years and it worked great. If it get broken, lost or stolen I would buy it agian, in cause of the sound. My Amp is not very big (it's an beginner's AMP :-) ) but when I used the Distorion effect it sounds big :-). I used also with other effects like a flanger, Shifter and sometimes with a reverb, its sound great. One of the great features is you can used with a battery or with a external power supply, so you can used everywhere. Overall: I think it's a very good effect for the Price, and it could get in Line with some effects wich are more expensive. So if you have less money and you want a distortion effect. Buy this one. Greets Dark, Thanks for time and everything else :-)

Every time I used it, it was great. If I would use it on a gig with out backup? Yes I would. The Reliability & Durability is very good, if it fall or you throw it against a wall, or kick it, it would be still alive. I think theis effect is one off the most durable effects on the markt.

Hi Guys this is my first Review so be not to hart with me. Today I want to write about the UD100 from Behringer. It's a distortion Effect pedal. It was my first Effect, its easy to use and not very complicated. One cool thing is you get two distortion pedals in one you can play from blues-rock rhythms to screaming leads. It got an flexible 2-mode Switch which lets you choose between warm distortion for riff rock and screaming distortion for lead sounds. Dedicated Level, Tone and Distortion controls for awesome sound shaping. A Status LED for effect on/off and battery check. It runs on 9 V battery or the Behringer PSU-SB DC power supply (not included), you can use any switch able Power device or 9V Power device of your choice. It got an electronic On/Off Switch for noise-free operation High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life. The Manual is short but it is very good it explains every thing in a good short way.

Smart Patrol
    I have an UD-100, and its pretty decent. I used a 12V PSU by mistake on it quite a few times, including a whole afternoon, and its still working normally.
    Smart Patrol
    Farether wrote: I have the ud100 for a while now and I just bought an Boss ds2 from the internet and they really sound (almost) exactly the same. the only real difference I hear/notice is that the ds2 is a little bit quieter, and it feels more firm.however I don't think that the ud100 will break much faster, except if you throw both of a building or something.
    I agree with you. Im keeping the UD-100 until I get a godd deal in a DS-2 or better.