UD100 Ultra Distortion review by Behringer

Behringer: UD100 Ultra Distortion

Price paid: € 20

Purchased from: Internet

At first I wasn't sure if the sound would be as good as the likes of the Boss sd-1, etc. But when I got the pedal, and played around with it, you can pretty much tune it to however you like. The two options give you a wide scope of sounds from deep bluesy rock tones to high gain lead overdrive.

Overall, if I lost this pedal I would definately buy it again. Like I said before, its not the best pedal on the market but its definately one of the best value for money. Its good quality and its reliable. But as mentioned above... If your a lunatic who likes to put your foot through the stage floor everytime you want to use it, this probably isn't for you.

The big issue with Behringer pedal seems to be the fact that they are made of plastic. This was my biggest worry when I was reviewing them. My advice to anyone thinking of buying any Behringer pedal is... If your a lunatic who likes to smash things, this probably isn't for you. However, I like to take care of my equipment and I look after it, I admit I've dropped it a few times, but its still in perfect working order with not breaks or cracks. its obviously not as sturdy as a Boss which is obviously made of steal, but thats why the Behringer is cheap, its made for people like me who want good quality pedals, who isn't trying to put my foot through the stage floor everytime I use it. I use it with a power supply as most pedals are pretty rough on batteries and its never let me down.

I decided to set up a pedal board instead of buying a multi effects processor. Having looked at the price of some Boss pedals and others, I discovered that Behringer pedals are just as good and much much more affordable. As I play a lot of lead guitar, I had to have the UD100 in my setup. Its very easy to use and the manual is just there for good measure.

Smart Patrol
    Now I have a DS-2. Its the UD-100 in metal form factor, quieter and with a remote jack. But I tell you the UD-100 and other Behringer drives/distortions are a good option if you are short of money.
    Smart Patrol
    I finally sold my UD-100. I posted the ad in SEPTEMBER. But anyway I would have kept it if I didnt a get a great deal on a Turbo Distortion. However, I love Boss pedals, and I would have many of them if the taxes in Brazil didnt make them pricey if compared to other countries.
    rr407r
    Great Post. I just want to share this site PDFFiller, Inc which I use to eSign my documents. I can also get third party digital signatures from my employees and clients. You can get a free trial if you ask for it. http://goo.gl/SA1pfw