UF100 Ultra Flanger review by Behringer

Behringer: UF100 Ultra Flanger

I use this pedal with a Gibson SG Faded, a Hellbabe Wah, and a Crate GTD120 amp. It sounds great to me. It can achieve wide range of sounds, from a very subtle whoosh to rapid repetitions that sound almost tremolo-like.Another thing I'd like to point out is that if you set your amp/distortion pedal to high gain, turn down the first three knobs all the way, turn the resonance knob all the way up, and wait, the pedal will produce this drone. You can change the pitch of the drone by moving the manual and depth knobs, and if you turn the rate all the way up, it sounds somewhat like a siren. You can basically just play around and get a very interesting sound effect from it. I'm planning to buy another one soon so as to have one for regualar flanging and another to velcro on to my guitar, and not have to bend down to produce this effect.

I play mostly alternative and progressive rock, and this pedal works very well for my music. It adds a little spice to a riff or a solo when needed. Basically, this pedal abd a wah make up my pedal board, along with a footswitch for my amp which controls Overdrive, distortion, and delay. I've yet to find a desirable effect that I can't reproduce with this pedal. Overall, this is an extremely versatile, fun, and interesting pedal, and at $20, you've really got nothing to lose, and lots to gain.

Like I said, I've had this pedal for a year, and for the most part, it still works great. I once lost my balance mid practice and basically put all of my weight on it, so it sounds a bit distorted now when I'm on clean, but I mostly use it with distortion anyway, so it's not a problem.

If you've used pedals before, it's pretty simple. 4 knobs: manual, depth, rate, and resonance. The manual explains them somewhat, but I've had this pedal for about a year and a half and I still don't quite know exactly what the hell the first two knobs do.